Hello from Ohio

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello there, folks!

I am new to G&L guitars, having just acquired a Tribute Legacy. I wanted an S type guitar and after doing some research I decided the G&L was right for me. I like the 12" radius fretboard, coming from 35 years playing Gibson/copies. I also really like the separate tone controls for treble and bass.

I received my new guitar just a few days ago so we are still getting acquainted, but so far it sounds great and gives me a sound I didn't have with my other guitars. Prior to buying it I borrowed a friend's USA made Fender to see how I got along with the 25.5 inch scale. The first day, not as well as I would have liked, lol! But from the second day on I seemed to be getting on with it pretty well and took the plunge on the Tribute Legacy.

Mine is the blueburst with the maple neck. I did really want a maple neck guitar for something different.

Anyway I am happy to be here. You don't know this but I've been reading your forum for weeks as part of my research :happy0065:

Re: Hello from Ohio

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Welcome roxynoodle! Sounds like you have a great axe. Glad we can help make your purchase decision. This board isn't the busiest, but there are good people here and we do have a great repository of information.

Cheers!

~JagInTheBag

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi roxynoodle! :thumbup:

Welcome and even though it took a long time to jump in glad you did. That first day of getting used to the 25.5 is just working out the Gibson "bad habits". ha-ha

All seriousness aside, we look forward to you posting pictures of yer new Legacy. Jump in often and tell us about yourself, how the Legacy is working out, and what yer next G&L will be....

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 pm

roxynoodle wrote:Hello there, folks!

I am new to G&L guitars, having just acquired a Tribute Legacy. I wanted an S type guitar and after doing some research I decided the G&L was right for me. I like the 12" radius fretboard, coming from 35 years playing Gibson/copies. I also really like the separate tone controls for treble and bass.

I received my new guitar just a few days ago so we are still getting acquainted, but so far it sounds great and gives me a sound I didn't have with my other guitars. Prior to buying it I borrowed a friend's USA made Fender to see how I got along with the 25.5 inch scale. The first day, not as well as I would have liked, lol! But from the second day on I seemed to be getting on with it pretty well and took the plunge on the Tribute Legacy.

Mine is the blueburst with the maple neck. I did really want a maple neck guitar for something different.

Anyway I am happy to be here. You don't know this but I've been reading your forum for weeks as part of my research :happy0065:

Welcome! :wave:

I too, would like to see your Tribute Legacy (it does not exist without photo proof!). ;) For posting photos here, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.
And don't forget to register your guitar in our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:49 am

Welcome to the forum RoxyNoodle!

I too am looking forward to seeing some pics of your new guitar also. I just picked up a Tribute Comanche, and I am amazed that the quality of my Comanche does not lag behind my US Legacy. You'll certainly be happy with your new purchase.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:39 am

welcome, roxynoodle!
congrats on your tribute legacy. the CLF-100 pickups are great.
i agree with you re: the PTB tone controls are actually useful (as opposed to typical strat tone controls)

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:56 am

Welcome Roxynoodle! As you can tell we all love pictures. BTW, G&L's tend to multiply...

Cheers, Dan

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi, and thanks everyone for the welcome. I'll try to get some pics up here soon. Preferably on the next sunny day to show off the grain and blueburst. I need to register it here as well.

What will my next G&L be? That is hard to answer yet, but maybe a USA Legacy down the line, or a Commanche.

I actually started playing on a horrible strat copy back in 1981. Cheap guitars were really bad back then. It had terrible action and no truss rod. After 2 years the neck warped and twisted. I started playing an SG in the shop where I took lessons (Neil Zaza was my teacher. I was a high school student by then and he was in college), and I fell in love with it. I'm sure looking back that the SG seemed awesome compared to my horrible strat copy, but to this day I'm still a fan and have 2 of them. I also have a Les Paul copy, as well as an Ovation acoustic and a 12 string Jay Turser acoustic.

In honor of my new Tribute Legacy I decided to figure out and learn Miserlou.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 pm

:elguitar054: :elguitar054: :elguitar054:
phpBB [video]

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:01 am

At first I didn't read the last line of RoxyNoodle's last comment ("In honor of my new Tribute Legacy I decided to figure out and learn Miserlou"), and was trying to make sense of the video. LOL.

That made my morning.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:17 pm

That was the video I used to figure out the song!

Ok, going to attempt posting a pic. Well, never mind. I can't get the image to show. I used to use photobucket for posting to forums but you can't upload to there anymore. I just put the pic on photos.google.com but when I put the image address in the [img][....][/img] only the text is showing when I preview it.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Try number two.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:34 pm

roxynoodle wrote:Try number two.

It looks just like mine, see Image

I love mine.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 pm

dhgleaves wrote:
roxynoodle wrote:Try number two.