Hello!!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi guys! I am a long time member of some other guitar forums so am probably familiar to a few of you. While I owned a L-1000 bass years ago but am new to the G&L guitar world. But I am really mad at myself for not trying earlier. Picked up a SC-2 and it's easily my favorite guitar and especially pickup. I am loving the MFD Jumbo singles. Picked up a new Tribute Fallout too because I liked the SC-2 so much.

Re: Hello!!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 am

Welcome to the forum Johnny! And jousting from your profile pick, that SC-2 is of the amazing vintage kind too! Love those little rocking machines!

- Jos

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:40 am

Hey Johnny Alien! Glad to see you here on GbL.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 am

Welcome Johnny! Your right those jumbo MFDs are special. Love my LE-2 with the F-100 bucker in the bridge and large MFD in the neck. My Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe is also great as it has the large MFDs too! Congratulations on the SC-2 and Fallout. The SC-2 is my favorite model, now I need to get one.

Cheers, Dan

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi Johnny :greet:

Welcome from another big MFD fan.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Heya bud ;) We met on the forum but welcome aboard! MFD fan here too ;) Will let you know about the Legacy convertion with f100! Cheers!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:58 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:Welcome to the forum Johnny! And jousting from your profile pick, that SC-2 is of the amazing vintage kind too! Love those little rocking machines!

- Jos

That is a rad photo of Devo that I used but my SC-2 is of the newer variety. It is the first year they released it so there are a few things different from the current ones. 1. It has a gun-oil tint satin neck. 2. The neck is the slimmer contemporary profile. 3. It came with a G&L gigbag vs a case.

Here is a photo >>

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:36 am

Nice guitar, though I don't know about the shape of the sc-2. Something always felt strange to my eyes, maybe the lack of pickguard or the upper horn. I was never able to tell... Though yours looks really cool, I still cannot warm enough on them. Just a matter of taste, it might sound crazy with those pickups in!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:04 am

The SC-2 is my favorite shape in the G&L lineup. I wish the new ones had the controls and output jack on the "banana" plate like original ones. I still like the new ones, but I tjink that control plate adds to the overall aesthetics. Perhaps an optional pickguard, though I kind of like the sans pickgaurd look. Lile you said, to each there own.... Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers,
Dan

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 am

I prefer no pickguard to the pickguard shape on the Fallout (although I still love the Fallout) but I agree having a control plate like the original would be better.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 am

I really love the banana shape plate to it. It really makes it more pleasing to me :) But, it's still beautiful, just no as much of appeal to me as the fallout or the legacy. :) I hate the asat look, but I understand the beauty of it :) Like Dan said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:58 am

Welcome to the forum, Johnny. That's a great looking guitar.
The sc2 is on my purchase list. I think it's a cool design. Not sure if I'll go vintage or new. I believe the new ones have a stronger bridge p'up which could be good.
Love the wide mfd pickups but in a perfect world my sc2 would have the new Doheny pickups just for the variety.
I don't suppose that combo is in the works though.

Cheer, Eric