Hello from Nova Scotia!

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Matthew, and I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada! I've recently decided to start selling off some gear to fund the G&L Comanche I've been drooling over for years!

Sadly we no longer have a G&L dealer in Nova Scotia, so I will probably be coming here for plenty of information in the near future!

I'm a huge gear freak, and I've worked for three different musical instrument retailers. If you ever just want to chat about guitar gear, send me a message!

As far as playing goes, I am mainly a jazz player. My top three guitarists are probably Pat Metheny, John Scofield, and Wayne Krantz.

Thats all I can say for now! Feel free to say hi!

Matthew

Re: Hello from Nova Scotia!

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:18 am

Welcome Matthew!

I spent at least two years drooling over Comanches, hoping in vain that one would appear locally on Kijiji (I'm in Winnipeg) since no stores here carry them in stock anymore. I even tried advertising for one, in case someone had one they were willing to sell - and that came up empty. I eventually started combing eBay and Reverb, until I found one that looked (and was priced) right. Best purchase I ever made.

I hope you pick one up soon - it's so much nicer to have one than it was to just long for one!

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:38 am

Hi Dan!

Thanks for the Welcome! I hope to find one soon, as well, but I'm willing to wait to find exactly the one I want! Kijiji is a fantastic resource, but being in Canada still means we don't get the best of the bunch in used gear. I might have to make a trip State-side to get mine...

Matthew

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:46 am

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. I share your interest in jazz players.
I hope that you are able to score a comanche, it is quite a treat to play.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi Matthew,

I share your appreciation for PM and (the other) JS. Have seen them play live many, many times and it is always a blast.

Hope you'll enjoy the forum!

- Jos