View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Crusher 

Post Crusher
Hi! I forgot I had to introduce myself before posting. Where could I start... I am here because I am a G&L enthusiast, like everyone here I presume! I have 3 G&L and love them to bits. I read a lot from here and should have registered way before now, but I always forget to do so. I finally decided to dig in! I'm from Canada, Quebec... so forgive me if there are tons of mistakes when I write, because I usually type, talk and read french daily. Peace!

Last edited by Crusher on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Post Re: Crusher
love the looks of that s500.
I'll bet it sounds great! welcome...

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks mate! Greetings back at you! The one you see on my avatar is a legacy though. It is a 2012 nena collection. The S500 is clear orange with figured flames / flamed top (I think that's how you call them) and vintage tint "orange-y" gloss lacquered neck. AMAZING guitar. I've never played a bad G&L, nor did I ever saw one that wasn't perfect. All of them sounds amazing! Will post some pics later on if you want.

If you want to see pics of the actual nena legacy guitar, I've posted some here :
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14591

Proud G&L player! Happy to be a part of the family! :thumbup:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:25 am

G&Ls seem a lot more popular (at least on Kijiji) in Quebec, than anywhere else in Canada. This Manitoban envies you that.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:01 am
Profile WWW

Ah, well, indeed, there are usually some on kijiji (maybe 1 or 2 popping every month then some). But shops don't hold them anymore. Lot of music store closed down during past years (difficulty to adapt maybe, or is it that people don't buy as much anymore - economy might be the cause, we're supposed to be in "recession" right now and people are broke)... Well, G&L seems like they have no representant here anymore and lot of shop don't sell them anymore. But you are right though, there are some going over kijiji periodically (right now, there are two I've had my eyes on, but, alas, cannot affort it). Ontario seems to have some going too but I didn't knew Manitoba had so little to spread. I read somewhere on another post you were willing to buy a new one (or maybe I misinterpreted your words)... I guess it's hard to get your hand on one. Your best bet might be ebay and reverb, but it gets costly. They are great guitars, a shame they don't have the attention they deserve.

Don't give up pal, you're gonna find one. I waited 3 years to find my second one because I was dumb enough to sell my first one (regretted ever since, had a beautiful maple gloss neck with abalone). Thing is to always have 1,2k in bank account for those circumstance.

Cheers!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:30 am

Yeah I just put an ad up locally on Kijiji to see if anyone had a Comanche or an ASAT Z3 they might be willing to part with. if nothing comes up, I may just keep waiting, or try something online.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 am
Profile WWW

Ah dang, you just missed a ASAT Z3 here locally (Quebec). Could have done something about it. Maybe the dude could had make an online transaction. Beautiful, red with maple fretboard and matching headstock. If I ever see something like that come by, I will tell you. We never know!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]