Greetings from new guy in Texas

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi there fellow G&L fans,

I live in Fort Worth, TX and have played guitar for about 25 years. I own a handful of vintage G&L's that I bought at various pawn shops back in my college days, in the mid 1990s. My collection includes an F-100, S-500, Legacy, and L-1000 bass.

I found this site while doing research on the serial numbers of my guitars. Looks like an incredibly useful site with a great community...looking forward to being part of it!

Re: Greetings from new guy in Texas

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Welcome!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 am

TXGuitarGuy wrote:Hi there fellow G&L fans,

I live in Fort Worth, TX and have played guitar for about 25 years. I own a handful of vintage G&L's that I bought at various pawn shops back in my college days, in the mid 1990s. My collection includes an F-100, S-500, Legacy, and L-1000 bass.

I found this site while doing research on the serial numbers of my guitars. Looks like an incredibly useful site with a great community...looking forward to being part of it!

Welcome. Did you find your G&Ls at pawn shops in the DFW area? I lived in Texas in the 90s and tried to hit the shops but never found any G&Ls. I was in a smaller city, though.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 am

Welcome in mate! Hope you'll like this place as much as I do! Is your F-100 the old ones or the new ones? About the L-1000 bass, they are absolutely awesome!! Ever tried the L-2000? You could be in for a great surprise!