Hey there from Australia

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Hey guys,

Great site, the G&L registry is a great idea. Got me G&L Legacy Special, looking for another Legacy!
Last edited by schnoogie84 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hey there from Australia

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 pm

schnoogie84 wrote:Hey guys,

Great site, the G&L registry is a great idea. Love me G&L Legacy Special, looking for another!

Where are you? I'm in SA and I'm aware of a couple Legacies for sale locally.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:19 am

schnoogie84 wrote:Hey guys,

Great site, the G&L registry is a great idea. Got me G&L Legacy Special, looking for another Legacy!

By the way, did you get your Legacy in Australia or from the US? And post a picture or two, when you get a chance.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:05 am

Bought it used in Australia. Didn't love the blade humbuckers to be perfectly honest, have replaced with lollars. Will post a pic when I get a chance!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 am

Hi mate and welcome! What did you found unpleasant about the blade humbucker? You can always put in some CLF100 in if you want pure single coil sound (since you want to buy a regular legacy, this suggestion is a no go) but Lollars are great pickups too! What model did you put in? The feel of those guitars are amazing! You should give them some chance though, blade humbuckers are like wine - gotta drink some to enjoy them like it should. The more, the merrier :thumbup:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 am

To be honest, I didn't hate them but bought a legacy/strat for the single coil sound. Its a legacy special, so should probably put the blades back in at some point and move the lollars to a MIJ Fender body or even a tribute. Have too many guitars with humbuckers! The guitar is great to play, still the first one I pick up.