First G&L. Love it so far.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Lucked into this Gorgeous ASAT Special at the shop I work in and couldn't walk past it anymore. Shopkeep let me take her out for a test run last Friday at local gig. I was playing mandolin all night and our singer invited a picker from another band and I got to hear it for the first time while someone else ripped a killer break on an original. Incredible sound. Sealed the deal and I hadn't ever played it yet? I love this axe. I am not a gearhead so much, but play professionally. This thing fills a perfect place between my super tweaked b-bender and a PRS Hollowbody ll. Couple of interesting things. It has a 7.25 radius and a really translucent finish. The grain show through so seductively it looks like a sheer nightgown on a superfox. Serial #CL02886. Can anyone tell me more about her? Thanks and hope all is remains well for all, Adam

I will try to get pict up ASAP. Thanks.

Re: First G&L. Love it so far.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 am

Hi Adam! Congrats on your new guitar!!

I think we are going to need some photos, but from the registry entry that already exists, I can see that your guitar is made of Swamp Ash with a blonde finish and a rosewood fretboard.The entry also says it has a saddle lock bridge, which I hear great things about!

Happy NGD and welcome to the G&L family!!

- Jordan

:banana: :alright:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Congrats!

I love my ASAT special.

Can't wait to see your pics.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 am

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149404020@N04/553jhg

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:45 am

Gorgeous! Looks like the registry entry is correct! Can't say much about the approximate era/date of it until I see the headstock though (front + back).

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 am

AtomGram wrote:Lucked into this Gorgeous ASAT Special at the shop I work in and couldn't walk past it anymore. Shopkeep let me take her out for a test run last Friday at local gig. I was playing mandolin all night and our singer invited a picker from another band and I got to hear it for the first time while someone else ripped a killer break on an original. Incredible sound. Sealed the deal and I hadn't ever played it yet? I love this axe. I am not a gearhead so much, but play professionally. This thing fills a perfect place between my super tweaked b-bender and a PRS Hollowbody ll. Couple of interesting things. It has a 7.25 radius and a really translucent finish. The grain show through so seductively it looks like a sheer nightgown on a superfox. Serial #CL02886. Can anyone tell me more about her? Thanks and hope all is remains well for all, Adam

AtomGram wrote:https://www.flickr.com/gp/149404020@N04/553jhg

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Here's your photo inline:

Since it has black crinkle bridge and control plate and the serial number pre-fix is "CL0", it is an ASAT model likely built in 1997.
See:
Serial number significance
1996-97 Catalog, Page 2
1997 Retail Price List, Page 1

I, too, would like to see a photo of the headstock.

Congrats, it is a beauty! :thumbup:

Also, note that the neck radius is 7 1/2", see: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?

Please do edit the Registry entry and add yourself as the current owner.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am

Craig wrote:
AtomGram wrote:Lucked into this Gorgeous ASAT Special at the shop I work in and couldn't walk past it anymore. Shopkeep let me take her out for a test run last Friday at local gig. I was playing mandolin all night and our singer invited a picker from another band and I got to hear it for the first time while someone else ripped a killer break on an original. Incredible sound. Sealed the deal and I hadn't ever played it yet? I love this axe. I am not a gearhead so much, but play professionally. This thing fills a perfect place between my super tweaked b-bender and a PRS Hollowbody ll. Couple of interesting things. It has a 7.25 radius and a really translucent finish. The grain show through so seductively it looks like a sheer nightgown on a superfox. Serial #CL02886. Can anyone tell me more about her? Thanks and hope all is remains well for all, Adam

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Here's your photo inline:

Since it has black crinkle bridge and control plate and the serial number pre-fix is "CL0", it is an ASAT model likely built in 1997.

See:
Serial number significance
1996-97 Catalog, Page 2
1997 Retail Price List, Page 1

I, too, would like to see a photo of the headstock.

Congrats, it is a beauty! :thumbup:

Also, note that the neck radius is 7 1/2", see: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?

Please do edit the Registry entry and add yourself as the current owner.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thanks a ton. I am off to work, but will work on getting more images up this weekend. I really appreciate all the good info and mojo. Have great weekend, Adam