First G&L

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm

I've been playing my new ASAT Classic Alnico for a month or two. It's my third electric guitar. The first was an entry level Les Paul style, the second was a decent Epiphone Les Paul. The Epi left me wanting more of a clean tone, even with the coils split/tapped it had lots of odd overtones. So I was looking down the Tele road.

The MIM teles were definitely in the right direction for the tone I was after. I thought that I might like something USA, though. I looked at the MIA Fender Teles, but limited colors, gig bags instead of cases, the three bar saddles...they just didn't put the whole package together the way the G&L ASAT did. So many colors out there, pickup options, neck options, excellent cases, Plek'd, everything you could want.

I found this blonde swamp ash beauty and I'll be keeping it for awhile. Sounds great through my VOX AC15. I've been primarily an acoustic player for 25+ years, and I've found a great instrument as I learn the art of electric.

I'll post pics when I can.

Re: First G&L

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 am

welcome dunnigan!
glad you discovered some G&L magic.
post a couple pics of your ASAT when you get a chance, and add your guitar to the registry.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Here's a few pictures of my Blonde ASAT Classic Alnico. I love the overall look, understated, classic, clean.

Images-l1600 by Brian McBride, on Flickr

Images-l1600 by Brian McBride, on Flickr

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 am

Congrats and welcome to G&L ownership!

That is a beautiful guitar and I am glad you are enjoying it.