Howdy from Sitka AK

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 am

Hey Gang -

New to the forum, new to G&L, and new to electric guitars! Just got back from Houston, TX, home of Southpaw Guitars - the only all-lefty guitar store I've ever heard of. I've played a Taylor Jumbo acoustic for many years, even done some small gigs, but I've always had the electric itch. After playing a LOT of different guitars at Southpaw, the G&L Bluesboy was the one I just kept coming back to. I love love love it. I never played with a pick before this guitar, and I thought that would be a big leap, but my Bluesboy seems to be teaching me what to do. Currently playing through a borrowed Swart Spacetone Reverb - what an awesome sound!

So, my questions: it doesn't look like I've got stock tuners on this thing - they are more of a brushed aluminum. The guys at the shop thought that maybe I had an upgraded humbucker in there, too. You all have any clues how I can find out?

PS - I've tried to get images of my guitar posted, but I'm weary of trying to get anything to post through this forum. Here some links:

Last edited by Craig on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin resized photos into a Gallery Album and removed dropbox links.

Re: Howdy from Sitka AK

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:46 am

Welcome!

That isn't the best picks of the tuners so I can't tell. I can tell you that some of my G&L guitars came with Sperzel tuners which have the same finish as the one's in your picture. Do they say Sperzel on them?

Either way congrats on the new guitar!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Welcome and the tuners look like the stock Sperzel used by G&L. Beautiful guitar-- Darwin

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I see that your guitar has the metal serial number plate, so the guitar should have come with a Build Specification Sheet. Look for a black envelope in the case as it should have the COA and
Build Sheet. That will tell you what tuners and pickups it came with from the factory. The neck pickup will either be a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover or a G&L A2S4248N Alnico II magnet humbucker.
The Build Sheet should give you all the details of the guitar so you can add it to our G&L Registry, too.

:ugeek:

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Sperzle Tuners it is, then! I couldn't read the lettering on the back.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

This guitar didn't come with the original case, so I don't have a build sheet. I'll talk to the shop...