Is This Normal for G&L owners? G&L Addiction symptoms

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 am

Dont' laugh...but are these happening to you?

I am looking for new owners, but you old-timers surely should chime in so we know what we are in for...

I am worried I might have to go see a psychologist soon (surely my wife is wondering)

• Love the G&L too much (wife is jealous)
• Homepage images on phone are 'future' G&L guitars
• searching day & night on auction/sale sites for G&L GREAT deals and rarities
• Playing way too much
• Suddenly wanting to join bands
• Discussing loudly with other musicians about the history of G&L and why YOUR new G&L is awesome
• Smiling way too much while playing
• Sure that I should have one of each model, vintage and new
• Trying to decide what to sell to get the next G&L

I also seem to want to create ads for G&L for FREE (most likely because I am graphic designer by trade)

If you suffering from other sysmptoms... kindly add here : )

Re: Is This Normal for G&L owners? G&L Addiction symptoms

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Yep, he's got the disease. I've seen this before...hopelessly afflicted with G&L-osis! :shocked028:

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:49 am

I just cured my potential addiction.. Thanks G&L.
Last edited by Shuko on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Absolutely true! You suffer from in incurable bout of G&L G.A.S. We wish you luck and strength ;-)

- Jos

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:01 pm

I would only worry about it when you start picking names for your pets and/or kids that begin with G and L.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 am

This is what I'm trying to get old of..

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:20 am

Yep, gothink1 you got it! I was so close to jumping on the SC-2 that's on Reverb right now... But I got the evil eye from the family.... :BangBang:

Could be worse things to be addicted to!

I still want a vintage SC-2, ASAT Z-3 (or Z-2 if I could ever find one), and a newer F-100! Oh and if I ever came across a HG-2 - oh my, oh my.....

Cheers,
Dan

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 am

I don't seem to be able to post images in this forum.. they show in 'preview' but vanish when I submit the post.. :confused0007:

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 am

WitSok wrote:Yep, gothink1 you got it! I was so close to jumping on the SC-2 that's on Reverb right now... But I got the evil eye from the family.... :BangBang:

Could be worse things to be addicted to!

I still want a vintage SC-2, ASAT Z-3 (or Z-2 if I could ever find one), and a newer F-100! Oh and if I ever came across a HG-2 - oh my, oh my.....

Cheers,
Dan

Code:
[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112289601977?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=112289601977&rmvSB=true[/url]
Last edited by Craig on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ebay links are not safe for posting as a link.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:50 am

Shuko wrote:I don't seem to be able to post images in this forum.. they show in 'preview' but vanish when I submit the post.. :confused0007:

See Tutorial: Posting photos for details and examples.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:21 pm

That's even more complicated than finding the guitar I want... :shocked028:

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:13 am

Now I am resorting to searching craigslist by state to find really fantastic deals for G&L guitars!

I think I definitely have a problem : )

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:39 am

Shuko wrote:This is what I'm trying to get old of..

I am sure I have seen at least one of these on Reverb or ebay. Do a search but the HBs are showing up everywhere

Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 am

Saw your NGD addition in the other post... No hiding it now, you got the addiction, no turning back now! There was a trans green z-3 on reverb that temps me so much... But I have a hard time convincing myself it okay to buy a guitar in hong kong....

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:14 pm

You bring up an interesting point and maybe I should start a new thread elsewhere, but I see a lot of what look like great vintage G&L's in Japan these days. Has anyone tried to buy one from there and what was the experience? What are the pitfalls and do you think these are legit sales?

Tom

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:52 pm

WitSok wrote:Saw your NGD addition in the other post... No hiding it now, you got the addiction, no turning back now! There was a trans green z-3 on reverb that temps me so much... But I have a hard time convincing myself it okay to buy a guitar in hong kong....

I had contacted that seller about a comanche, they seems legit and were very good about sending more images. Unfortunately it sold so I never had a chance to buy from them. However there is a Z3 semi-hollow green out there (https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/6049401649.html) and I think its on reverb.com too

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 am

Is this genuine? Looks like some decals re missing from the headstock..

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-G-and-L-G-L-Legacy-HSS-Jet-Black-Worldwide-Shipping-/292022186818?hash=item43fde0f342:g:hiMAAOSwo4pYIVQn
Last edited by Craig on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ebay links are not safe for posting as a link

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm

That is the optional Model Delete Logo. Some prefer this version. It is also the default for painted headstocks. Personally, I prefer the full logo with model designation.

Looks legit to me.

Cheers, Dan

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 pm

gothink1 wrote:Now I am resorting to searching craigslist by state to find really fantastic deals for G&L guitars!

I think I definitely have a problem : )

I found the SC-3 in my avatar browsing Craigslist for random cities during a bout of insomnia. Just sayin', I've been there brother...

Ken

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:46 am

Ha thanks! I am sure I will survive this addition, its better than other types -- thats for sure! : )