new from oz

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:06 am

]]hi,from melbourne aus. i have a legacy usa and by the info at this site a 20th birthday for it is due this or next year .has been loyal and trusted guitar all that time.
i dont know the neck number because in twenty years i have not had a reason to take it off. Do any of you have any gift ideas for a guitar that outplays everything?

looking forward to joining the club.
tried to post photos but will need to read more as im not good with computer stuff.

Re: new from oz

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:29 am

For the guitar that has everything? New strings?

Welcome :)

edg

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:09 am

Welcome and glad to hear you have such a faithful guitar. I would say you should get it a little sister or brother. Perhaps a Fallout or SC-2.

Tom

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:12 pm

great idea Tom. this is one of reasons i came around to this site.lurking for info on the tribute series and around three weeks ago ordered a tribute legacy in olympic white.it has not arrived yet, not sure how long it takes.,? in that space of time i came across a second hand tribute bluesboy in blonde for sale locally.
just had to get it. i am over the moon with it,did a tiny amount of set up (nut & saddles ) amazing to play and hear.
i hope the legacy will impress as much when it arrives
looking at other posts i will be in good company here.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Hello from Adelaide. For my USA Legacy, which must be of a similar age, I recently got it some Sperzel locking tuners. They were a drop-in replacement for the Sperzels that were in there. David

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:17 pm

hi, dhgleaves i think will take it apart give it a good clean up and some TLC and assess if it needs anything,this will allow me to get date produced as have not had the neck off.Is yours a 3 or 4 bolt and wonder if they were different in any way i like to think there is something even more special in the CL guitars.
you have a fair number of g&ls in adelaide by the looks, pretty scarce in melb but always interested when they come up
p.s did you like the sperzels

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:24 pm

My USA Legacy has three bolts. I also now have a Tribute Legacy with four bolts. Pictures of both of them, plus my Comanche are in the gallery at http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... emId=20200

I don't think I've added them to the registry yet; I need to do tha.

Yes, the Sperzels are great. It was particularly nice how easy it was to replace them, but this was only because I already had Sperzels on there.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:14 pm

bazzar wrote:]]hi,from melbourne aus. i have a legacy usa and by the info at this site a 20th birthday for it is due this or next year .has been loyal and trusted guitar all that time.
i dont know the neck number because in twenty years i have not had a reason to take it off. Do any of you have any gift ideas for a guitar that outplays everything?

looking forward to joining the club.
tried to post photos but will need to read more as im not good with computer stuff.

Welcome! :greet:

Please do post photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.
Also, please add your Legacy to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 am

finally a photo [*]Image

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:01 am

Now that's a proper looking Legacy ! Welcome to the forum and we see you around....

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

howdy bazaar,

Welcome and that is a great Legacy picture! :thumbup: Love the airplane runway look. (especially since I just got off a plane)

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:58 pm

[*]Image

thanks sam and glvourot , that is my first G&L and i still remember the wonderful smell the first time i opened the case.
This is my second G&L a tribute bluesboy wich i am really enjoying.
Sam have seen pics of your immpresive collection,now i can give myself an excuse for my next.
this photo is pre haircut era,was excited to get new strings on and take photo