Hello, new member with G&L asat legacy semi hollow bluesboy

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello all, I have been lurking here for a few weeks as I bought a 2015 bluesboy from a popular online musical "buy & sell site" It is a beautiful looking and sounding guitar in the transparent orange color. I may return it as the neck appears to be having some issues with frets not being level and will post for some advice in appropriate forum area.

I have been playing since age 11 (50) years, mostly acoustic or acoustic electric, and play delta/piedmont and old style blues mostly, but also enjoy traditional rock/folk styles. Looking for new sounds and styles and also dealing with some arthritis, so looking forward to a break from acoustic guitars. Most of my instruments are american or canadian (62 gibson SJ I got when I was 17, 1940 kalamazoo, 1996 tayler, 1990 laravee and 2015 godin kingpin II), so really this is my first experience with an asian made instrument. Hoping I can get the neck/fret issues figured out as I have a few more days to be able to return it if it turns being a major problem I do not want to deal with.

Re: Hello, new member with G&L asat legacy semi hollow blues

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:28 am

Greetings!

I hope you get the frets thing sorted out, as it sounds like an otherwise very pretty guitar. Maple neck? White pickguard? Just trying to get a mental image of it.

I'm a blues player myself. I love all the old chess records stuff, delta blues, and all those great players who influenced the rock of the 60s and 70s.

Great to have another blues guy on the board.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 am

Welcome, do you have Bluesboy and Legacy? Love to see some pictures. Tributes series are the Asian imports. I have a couple. One I bought used and required no adjustments. The JB-2 I bought new from one of the big box guitar stores needed quite a bit of set-up. But that has been my experience with the big box stores. My made in Mexico Guild acoustic I bought from an internet retailer was the same, needed quite a bit of setup. The Epiphone ES-339 I bought for my daughter needed alot of setup even though it has a nice badge/decal atating they are setup in the USA factory.

BTW, I love my Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe.

Welcome again and Cheers, Dan

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 am

Howdy mcmars! :greet:

Welcome and hope you get the neck concerns cleared up. I have a Tribute ASAT purchased from a "buy/sell" site that had a warped neck. The only reason I kept it was the seller gave a refund that I felt was adequate and was able to get a replacement neck online. All ok after that. If you can post some pictures and maybe provide a little more detail you will get plenty of suggestions. (many smarter than me for sure!)

Hope to see you post pics of any of yer guitars and jump in the discussions when ya can.