Greetings from Strathalbyn, South Australia

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi everyone,
In an amazing coincidence, my name is also Dave and I also live in southern Adelaide of Australia. To the other Dave, we'll have to catch up for a G&L fest :D
I'm relatively new to these simply AMAZING guitars and how I came across them is a story in itself.
I have all my guitar playing life been a Fender man and one fine day I was thinking that I should be like Keith Richards and own a telecaster. After endless weeks of trawling the Internet, I came across tis guitar that looked like said telecaster but went by the name Bluesboy. Now as most South Australians will attest to, actually finding somewhere to play a G&L is pretty much impossible and being out of work puts a limit on your outlay.
Fortunately, someone was selling a Tribute ASAT Deluxe interstate for A $450 :happy0065:
And as they say, replace your fender's and buy G&L's :thumbup:
Dave

Re: Greetings from Strathalbyn, South Australia

Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 am

Howdy Dave. I'm actually in Upper Sturt, so about 37 minutes from you. In case you're interested in a USA G&L, I actually also know a guy in SA who has a few for sale. I got my Comanche from him and, last I checked, he had two Legacies and two ASATs (plus a Tribute Comanche). I've been trying to save up to get another one of them (GAS, or GLAS in this case, is quite bad this time of year). If you're interested, I could give you his details, and you're welcome to take a look at what I have. You can send me a PM. There are also s couple Tribute G&Ls listed on Gumtree in SA at the moment. I'm supposed to take a look at the Legacy (did I mention that GLAS is bad this time of year). David.