New member from Wales, UK

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 am

I bought a used G&L Asat on eBay in 2011. Since then, I have sold the 10 or so Gibsons and Fenders I had because the Asat ruined them all for me.

Then I replaced my Precision bass with a L-2000.

Next I tried a used Asat Deluxe Semi-hollow, out of curiosity - being a traditional tele purist, I never thought I'd want to buy such an 'ugly' instrument, but as soon as I opened the case, my eyes lit up... now it's mine!

Then last Christmas day, I decided it was time for a Legacy, so I've got all bases covered now, more or less.
The Legacy is empress wood, weighing in at 2.9k - even lighter than the Deluxe Semi-hollow at 3.1k.

Last edited by dafsaer on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Re: New member from Wales, UK

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:42 am

Welcome to the insanity that is G&L.

I see that you tried to post pix, but it did not work. I have no idea why.

Please remember to register your guits.

Take care,

edg

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:38 am

Looks like you copied and pasted too much into the IMG tag. You just need the bare-bones URL of the picture (i.e. the https// .... .jpg part) in between the img tags. Not that this would have worked for that image - because images thus tagged have to be no more than 1300 pixels high and no more than 1024 pixels wide - that image is too big on both counts.

The closing link likewise failed for the same reason - too much info. All you need is the actual link, (the http ... up to the .jpg part - no quotes) in the url. There are a lot of links in the Forum Rules - one of which links to a good explanation of how to post images etc.

Here is a working link to the dafsaer's pic for anyone interested:
Dafsaer's Guitars

That aside, Welcome to the forums! Those are some sweet looking guitars. The legacy seems almost too bright in contrast!

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:01 pm

I'll have a look at posting the pics in due course. I'm a little baffled at the complexity of the process - it's like travelling 20 years back in time!
The Legacy is bright, and being fairly conservative, I would not normally have gone for Belair Green, but the guitar is so light in weight - the weight took precedence over the colour. And the colour is growing on me, and looks great with the bursts!

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:57 pm

dafsaer wrote:I'll have a look at posting the pics in due course. I'm a little baffled at the complexity of the process - it's like travelling 20 years back in time!
The Legacy is bright, and being fairly conservative, I would not normally have gone for Belair Green, but the guitar is so light in weight - the weight took precedence over the colour. And the colour is growing on me, and looks great with the bursts!

Here is the post you should be reading: Tutorial: Posting photos.
Follow the steps provided.

If you still have problems don't hesitate to email me and let me know which step(s) you are stuck on.

:ugeek:

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:22 pm

dafsaer wrote:I bought a used G&L Asat on eBay in 2011. Since then, I have sold the 10 or so Gibsons and Fenders I had because the Asat ruined them all for me.

[url]152281174566[/url]

LOL, must be a great ASAT! Can't wait to see it.
Welcome! try photobucket. Despite the annoyance of the ads, it does work.