Hello

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi, just here to learn and share knowledge about G&L guitars.

A friend of mine is obsessed with early SC-1s and 2s, owns somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 or 20; got me interested. My first G&L was an '87 SC-3. Now I have at least seven or eight more (number unclear because I got my wife hooked too and she has her own SC-1 and is playing my SC-1 quite a bit lately).

Anyway, I play rock n roll in a few bands in the SF bay area. I like beer, bicycles, surfing, and my chevy van.

Re: Hello

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi scelerat, :greet:

Welcome and you are at the right place for all interested in SC's and other G&L guitars. Sounds like a pretty impressive collection ya got, post pics of them all when ya can. Be sure to post them in the registry as well. Jump in often, we look forward to seeing at round here.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Welecome Scelerat! Love them SCs! Have an SC-3 and still on the search for that incredibly great deal on a SC -2. Until then I'll be happy (and then some) with my ASAT Special Deluxe. Used to think I was a hb guy until I discovered the large MFDs.... Looking forward to seeing your collection and sharing ideas....

Cheers, Dan

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:36 pm

welcome scelerat!
old SC-2 is a worthy find if you can locate one. fun guitar to play and sounds great.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:48 pm

scelerat wrote:A friend of mine is obsessed with early SC-1s and 2s, owns somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 or 20; got me interested. My first G&L was an '87 SC-3. Now I have at least seven or eight more (number unclear because I got my wife hooked too and she has her own SC-1 and is playing my SC-1 quite a bit lately).

scelerat,

Fun your wife plays these little rocking machines too. Indeed, SC-2s, and any and all early SC's for that matter, are great guitars. Here is my stash, including 2 HG's:

- Jos

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:52 pm

john,

That is one gorgeous looking 1st body style SC-2!
:sign0011:

- Jos

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 am

thx Jos, love it! wow, now that's a nice hand of 7 card stud - amazing collection of SC's and F-100's you have!

scelerat, when you figure out how to post pic's, would love to see your arSCenal!

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Nice all around. One of a few G&Ls missing from my collection.

Did they make them with Ebony boards? Ebony is my fetish.

Tom

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:38 pm

FZTNT wrote:Did they make them with Ebony boards? Ebony is my fetish.

The pre-BBE SC-#, SB-#, and HG-# all have maple boards. The only "exception" (either guitars and/or bass) is that you effectively can get a "Sx-2" with something different than maple in the form of the Lynx bass or modern day SC-2. Both either have maple or rosewood boards (but no ebony).

- Jos

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:20 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:

The pre-BBE SC-#, SB-#, and HG-# all have maple boards. The only "exception" (either guitars and/or bass) is that you effectively can get a "Sx-2" with something different than maple in the form of the Lynx bass or modern day SC-2. Both either have maple or rosewood boards (but no ebony).

- Jos

Ebony fretboards ARE available as an option on the current SC-2, see: March 1, 2016-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Craig wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:

- Jos

Ebony fretboards ARE available as an option on the current SC-2, see: March 1, 2016-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

That is NOT what the webpage says on its Specs tab. And for the consumer in general, not members of this forum in particular, that is THE place where information is gleaned from WITHOUT contacting a dealer in specific. G&L should fix that and keep their specs on their site up to date. Price lists have been notoriously inaccurate in the past as far as specs go. Just saying ...

:ugeek:

- Jos

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:06 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Craig wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:

- Jos

That is NOT what the webpage says on its Specs tab. And for the consumer in general, not members of this forum in particular, that is THE place where information is gleaned from WITHOUT contacting a dealer in specific. G&L should fix that and keep their specs on their site up to date. Price lists have been notoriously inaccurate in the past as far as specs go. Just saying ...

- Jos

You seem to have overlooked the G&L USA Guitar Options and G&L USA Bass Custom Options pages on the main G&L website. As I said, Ebony fretboards are an option. The spec pages do not include the available options; that is what the Options page is for. This site is an extension of the main G&L website and if you look at the link I posted above you would see that I include corrections and additions to what is on the main site. You don't need to be a member of this forum to see the G&L Knowledgebase information as it is readable by all guests. Also, Price Lists are reviewed by me and I do contact Dave and company about changes (or possible errors) I find in them to confirm whether or not they are changes or errors. I then update the Knowledgebase based upon this discovery.

Also, see: Photos of Ebony fretboards .... :searching:

Hope this helps.