a new friend on this board

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:52 am

Hello there all of you guitar players.
at first, excuse my not so good english writing.

not new to the guitar, but new to the G&L brand as a owner of a asat special tribute.
At one time i could try this guitar out (without an amp) and found the neck feel wonderful.
like it had no finish at all.
on the secondhand market i stumble't ove a nice blue asat special tribute that, so it seems had almost no playing time.
corroded strings, dirty fingerboard and the plastic seal over the pickguard

could try it with a vox vt 30 and sounded very strong.
at home started to tweak the neck relief, string hight, clean it up, gave the dry fret board a danish oil finish and gave it some new strings.
i have to tweak the pickup hight, put that are the nice things with new guitars, making it your own.
some questions i have i will post later on.
kind regards
Rolf
Netherlands

Re: a new friend on this board

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:30 am

Rolf welcome :greet:

Nice ASAT ya got there. Through the Vox I bet is sweet.

Be sure to jump in often, lots of knowledgeable members here regarding G&L guitars.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:34 am

Asat1 wrote:Hello there all of you guitar players.

not new to the guitar, but new to the G&L brand as a owner of a asat special tribute.
At one time i could try this guitar out (without an amp) and found the neck feel wonderful.
on the secondhand market i stumble't ove a nice blue asat special tribute that, so it seems had almost no playing time.

at home started to tweak the neck relief, string hight, clean it up, gave the dry fret board a danish oil finish and gave it some new strings.
i have to tweak the pickup hight, put that are the nice things with new guitars, making it your own.
kind regards
Rolf
Netherlands

Hi Rolf, welcome to G&LDP.
Nice ASAT special, it's a pleasure to play and you can't beat the large coil MFD pickups for great tones. Enjoy!

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 am

Asat1 wrote:Hello there all of you guitar players.

kind regards
Rolf
Netherlands

Welcome, Rolf! :greet:

That's a great looking Blueburst Tribute ASAT Special. :thumbup:
When you get a chance, please add it to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:09 am

Thank you for the kind words and welcome!