Hi from Sydney

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi all,

Just bought my first decent electric, which obviously was a G&L (it's a vintage white Legacy). I'm effectively completely new to electrics (bought a Epiphone Special II a long time ago on a whim but never really got on with, didn't really play it much, didn't really look after it and now it's in a bit of a crappy state - will keep it, though, as a project guitar).
I decided to get a strat-type guitar and was originally looking at American Standards. Then by chance I found out about G&Ls (was mentioned on a forum somewhere), found one for sale in Sydney and decided it was a better option than a strat for the money (strats are fairly expensive here). So here I am.

I've got a bit of a crappy old Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 amp (crackly pots and doesn't always consistently work very well) so will eventually be replacing that but it's probably OK for now.

I've been messing about with an acoustic (Seagull S6) on and off for a few years here and there, which is a nice guitar but I've always been more excited by electrics so I see me going down this path a bit more. I stopped playing for about 6 months and decided I really want to get back into it.

I'd still very much call myself a beginner (know a little bit - possibly enough to be dangerous - but wouldn't dare call myself a guitarist yet) and looking forward to the journey. I've mainly been learning from 'justinguitar' website but will start lessons soon (could probably benefit from some actual one-on-one and perhaps the odd whip-crack as I'm a terrible procrastinator - the worst!).

Loving the Legacy but having a few teething issues. I'll post these in the main forum, though, as this post is probably long enough!

Cheers,

timbo

Re: Hi from Sydney

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Hey Timbo,

Welcome to the addiction we call G&L guitars :)

Please keep in mind that we REALLY like pix of guitars here. And, please enter the guitar into the registry.

Take care,

edg

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Welcome !
Nice to see more from the other side of this big marble,
+1 on the pics.
I like the Justinguitar lessons too. I bet when you find a good amp match to your legacy (maybe with tubes)
...it's gonna be even tougher to put it down :elguitar054:

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:41 am

Hey mate,

Welcome to the forum. Good to see more G&L guys here in Sydney.

Hold the right guitar and playing is infectious!

Cheers

Arti

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:57 am

Hello I am a new member, having recently purchased a G&L Asat Classic S.
Just wondering if we could contact. I reside in the United Kingdom now but lived in Australia for many years.
I used to live in Cronulla, and at Engadine when I was a school boy.
But returned to the UK some years ago.
Have been playing may years and own a Maton CW80 Maton Acoustic.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Hello to you too