Hello from Johnny Cache

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:50 am

I'm new here I've been a G&L fan for several years. I don't own a G&L now, I had an ASAT in the late '90's, sadly I sold it... I hope to get another G&L soon. I've been looking for a good condition used Comanche or S500, played a few but haven't found the right one yet. Been playing guitar about 50 years, many styles and several bands ago I used to gig ... today, I still play just not as much as I'd like not doing a regular band thing anymore. I've kind of lost track of how many guitars and amps I've owned over the years some were great others were so, so. Getting a new guitar always inspires me to play more, I bet some of you can relate to that. I also do some work on guitars and amps but I am not selling myself as a Guitar or Amp Tech, nor expert on the subject. So if you ask me questions or I post something it's only my opinion from my own experience. Please keep that in mind.

Re: Hello from Johnny Cache

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Welcome Johnny Cache! :wave:

When you find the right Comanche or S-500 for you, please do post some photos and add it to our G&L Registry.
See this post to get the lay of our website: Welcome! Read This First.
You don't need to have a G&L instrument to participate here, so please drop in and post often.

Best of luck on your hunt for your next G&L!

:ugeek:

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:49 am

Just got a used Comanche today! Nice guitar in Sunburst flame maple top with birds eye fretboard, sorry can't post pictures yet will do ASAP. Plays well, sounds great through my DRRI.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 am

Johnny cache wrote:Just got a used Comanche today! Nice guitar in Sunburst flame maple top with birds eye fretboard, sorry can't post pictures yet will do ASAP. Plays well, sounds great through my DRRI.

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your photos and don't forget to add it to the G&L Registry.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Congrats, love the comanche! There's nothing like it playing with the band thru a good amp. Lots of great tones in there to be discovered and liberated, have fun!

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:00 am

Not sure how to post photos on here.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:08 am

If you have a link, we can probably help get 'em here :)

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:20 am

Well it looks like size matters... I'll work on it.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:06 am

Johnny cache wrote:Well it looks like size matters... I'll work on it.

See: Tutorial: Posting photos.