Hello from Mass.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:20 am

Hi -

After buying my second G&L and having some questions, I figured I'd finally register after a couple years of lurking. My first is a 1995 ASAT Special with a light burst finish. (After I go through the picture tutorial, I'll post a pic and ask for what the color is called.) It's in close to mint condition and I haven't done anything to it - it's perfect and was well loved by it's previous, original owner. I got the second a week or so ago, a 2005 custom-made (I think) ASAT Classis "S" in two-tone burst. It had some rust and a ding or two, but cleaned up nicely - I think it's going to get a lot of use.

My main guitars are Teles, and I've been on the TDPRI forum for 6-7 years or so, learning a lot from those knowledgeable and patient folks. I started playing in my teens, stopped for a long time (hand injury, marriage, apartment), and started back up around 2009. I'm mostly self-taught save for a few lessons when I got started, and I gig once or twice a month in a 5-piece cover band and a 3-piece acoustic (guitar, cajon, vocals) cover band. After a ruptured tendon in my left little finger this July, I'm just starting to play again and trying to get back my callouses, hand strength and speed. (The Classic "S" was purchased in a fit of depression and need to look forward to something.) Aside from the dings, it needed a re-wiring and a new output jack.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and learning more about these great guitars!

- Coop47

Re: Hello from Mass.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:47 am

Okay, let's see how this goes...

Here's the '95. Can anyone tell me what that color is called?

And here's the '05. Planning to post some questions about this later on.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:45 am

the color on your 95 is called Beautiful !! ..lol , looks like honey burst with out the Burst too me , not sure , love the black hardware

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:57 am

Gorgeous! Wow! Not sure what it was called back then. Looks very similar to the current Old School Tobacco Sun Burst. Love how subtle the burst is. And black hardware - YES. I love my Classic S, oh who am I kidding, I love all my G&Ls.

Congrats, Dan :elguitar054:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Coop47 wrote:Okay, let's see how this goes...

Here's the '95. Can anyone tell me what that color is called?

And here's the '05. Planning to post some questions about this later on.

Welcome! :greet:

The color on your '95 ASAT is Honeyburst.

Please do add both your guitars to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Welcome, nice guitars. Definitely a cool subtle Honeyburst on that Special. Is it also on the back or is the back a solid color? The black hardware just makes it rock solid. Almost makes me want to buy one like it.

Post more pics please.

Tom

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Craig wrote:Welcome! :greet:

The color on your '95 ASAT is Honeyburst.

Please do add both your guitars to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Thank you for the welcome and the info Craig, and thanks to everyone else for their responses! I'll register them soon!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:52 pm

FZTNT wrote:Welcome, nice guitars. Definitely a cool subtle Honeyburst on that Special. Is it also on the back or is the back a solid color? The black hardware just makes it rock solid. Almost makes me want to buy one like it.

Post more pics please.

Tom

Yes, solid on the back. I'll try to get a few more pics of it soon.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:41 pm

FZTNT wrote:Welcome, nice guitars. Definitely a cool subtle Honeyburst on that Special. Is it also on the back or is the back a solid color? The black hardware just makes it rock solid. Almost makes me want to buy one like it.

Post more pics please.

Tom

As requested - and I was wrong, there's a very subtle burst on the back too!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:12 pm

That is bad ass :)

edg

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:33 am

Sweet Heavens. Nice guitar.

Tom