Meet Blind Willie again

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:20 pm

I used to be a frequent poster here years and years ago. I joined as an admirer of G&L guitars who recognized them as superior IMO to Fender's current offerings though I didn't yet own one.

I wound up buying a Tribute S-500 from Jaystrings, and I was very, very happy with that guitar. What a sweet axe. Natural finish with very distinctive grain in the ash, natural finish, rosewood board, tort guard, and tone for DAYS.

A few years back, my office got broken into and I lost my S-500 and a bass. Insurance came through for me and with the settlement I bought a 2012 Tribute Legacy (blueburst) instead of an S-500 as a replacement. I love this guitar. I truly believe that my Legacy is an even better guitar than the MIK S-500. The Indonesian factory is making great stuff. I love it.

Now I'm finally joining the USA G&L club with a Legacy (2TSB over alder, maple board, white plastics, deep V profile) that I'm getting for my birthday.

I truly believe that the Legacy and S-500 are the Strats Leo would have built in 1956 if he could have. All of the modifications are improvements in my opinion. The Dual Fulcrum Trem alone is thing of beauty, and the PTB wiring makes so much more sense than the standard V-T-T of a Strat.

Anyway, glad to be back here.

Re: Meet Blind Willie again

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi Blind Willie! :wave:

Great to see you back again. Sorry to hear about the break in and lost gear. I had a tele stolen and still makes me mad. Wow, Jaystrings hasn't been round here for a long time, cool you got yer first G&L from him. Congrats on the new USA Legacy. You know pictures are required. For that matter, post a pic of yer Tribby Legacy. Jump in often.

Re: Meet Blind Willie again

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:25 am

Here's the Tribute Legacy. Nice grain in this one.