New to G&L from North Carolina

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Hello All.

I discovered G&L, so to speak, a couple of weeks ago. Sure, I've been aware of the name for years but since I never ran into a G&L in person I've overlooked these instruments. Through the years I've always been a Gibson guy and having owned a Strat and even a Squire Tele or two I was never able to bond with them.

That said and thinking I would never warm up to a Tele, a recent purchase of a used MIM showed me what a better Tele can do. Love it!! Fast forward and a used Tribute ASAT Classic shows up at the Guitar Center about an hour away (I view the used inventory online daily) and I said Hmmmm. Well, 24 hours later the Tribute was gone, only two more days and I had planned a drive to GC. That disappearance drove my research deeper into G&L and here I am.

I've been into guitars for years with various breaks here and there. I only play for personal entertainment, never out. I enjoy doing my own basic setups as far as action, intonation and relief. This has given me a better understanding of what I enjoy spec-wise in a guitar. While I really should stick to playing to hone those skills, I want to take a step into simple fret work and wiring. Need to learn to solder first.. :lol: Anyway, I did order and received a new a Tribute but have some questions so I will leave this for now and post elsewhere with my question. I look forward to visiting the site as a member.

Re: New to G&L from North Carolina

Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:15 am

Thanks! Cool story. I have a MIM tele, Ibanez MC150 and a G&L fallout (tribute). I love them all, but the fallout is the one I have been playing the most. I too am a living room warrior. I have no interest in entertaining/performance. Peace out an look forward to hearing about your experience with the G&L.