LeoF The Champion is back

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Hello
I'm writing this as I didn't get around to introducing myself last time I joined in 2011.
I'm an Australian who became obsessed with G&L soon after I left me Lawyer wife in November 2011.
I had the good fortune of contacting the one and only amazing Gabe D who put me into contact with an incredible G&L collector named "Josey Wales" ( all this is true )

I imported a half dozen G&L's into Australia in the golden days when the Australian dollar was worth more than the US.

I still own his G-200 rear loader In mint condition .Words cannot describe this guitars.I believe that G&L were showing off their substantial skilled workmanship.It is made of timber that surely are from the highest of catagories. I also own a Broadcaster, Xbody
Partscaster and my fave an early Hog S-500.
All these guitars are mint

I also imported a mint and unplayed Mahogany Wunkay which I took
a big chance on .Trusting someone selling it on the net from South Carolina .
Anyway that worked out .
Back in those days this forum and playing those amazing guitars , not to mention all the time hunting for the next great G&L helped me through hard times .
I ended up spending $300,000 on Lawyers so I could see my kids . I now see them half of the time .

Late last year I met an amazing, smart,gorgeous and kind Canadian Pilates instructor who was in Australia on holidays.She lives with me and my children now here in Australia
Jokingly ,I say to Kristi she didn't know she would own a guitar and Art collection
Thanks fellas for all the good times , this community and forum are great .
I want to say how much I appreciate it
Thanks and sorry about the ramble

Anthony

Re: LeoF The Champion is back

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Nice to see ya Anthony,
I've wondered what and how you were doing more than once.

cheers! :cheers:

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi Anthony! It's nice to have you back around. Please post a pic or two of that L-1000 when you have a moment.

Ken

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:52 am

Hello from another Aussie G&L enthusiast (although I only have 2, a Japan ASAT Classic and an '87 SC-3) - seems like there's quite few of us on the forum :)

Cheers!
Andrew

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:11 am

Welcome back Anthony! Happy to know things look (and sound as far as vintage G&Ls are concerned) bright.

- Jos

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks Elwood, Ken and Jos , it's good to be back .
I never lost the love for eighties G& L's .
Hi Andrew , A friends Japanese G&L first showed me the quality of G&L , amazing guitars . I later talked another friend into a late 80's SC-3
I thought there would be more eighties G&L's in Australia than there are .

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Hey Anthony,

Great to see your Leof posting again! Glad to hear things are taking a turn for the better. Cool history on some of your guitars :thumbup: Josey Wales had an amazing collection for sure.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:20 am

Life has its ups and downs, but your guitars will always be there for you.