HI. New member from Qld/Aus

Sat May 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've joined the forum as I was trying to get more of a handle on G&Ls. My old man has a mid- 80's ASAT which I learned to play guitar on and I've always had a love/hate relationship with the pickups.

I predominantly play a Gretsch 6120 but lately have been Gassing for a tele of some type....maybe even something like Dads' Asat....

Re: HI. New member from Qld/Aus

Sat May 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Welcome Rob,
I was in Brisbane not too long ago but left before Summer officially started… its a bit hot there - don't know how you Aussie's handle it.
An ASAT Classic may do the trick…

Cheers,
KF

Sat May 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Cheers :)
Yep I'm thinking that too....I'd like to get my hands on a tribute to see how they stack up. A proper USA model is a bit of a financial stretch for me at the moment. :)

Sun May 08, 2016 11:11 am

I hear you…. I owed an early Tribute AC years back and really dug it. There's probably heaps over in Oz but you may want to check out Trademe (NZ"s version of eBay) as well.

Cheers,
KF

Sun May 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Rob wrote:Hi,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've joined the forum as I was trying to get more of a handle on G&Ls. My old man has a mid- 80's ASAT which I learned to play guitar on and I've always had a love/hate relationship with the pickups.

I predominantly play a Gretsch 6120 but lately have been Gassing for a tele of some type....maybe even something like Dads' Asat....

Rob wrote:Cheers :)
Yep I'm thinking that too....I'd like to get my hands on a tribute to see how they stack up. A proper USA model is a bit of a financial stretch for me at the moment. :)

Welcome to our site! :greet:

You might want to check out this post in our G&L Knowledgebase for the current Tribute Series models available: July 1, 2015-present Tribute Series Production Models....

:ugeek: