Raleigh, NC -- Old & New G&L Owner

Wed May 04, 2016 9:17 am

Howdy -

I'm Shane. Howya doin?

I've got a mid-90s G&L bass that I've had since new, and I just picked up an Ascari GTS in an effort to find a guitar that will be pretty flexible to gig with. So far, I'm digging the Ascari, but it has reacted more to winter conditions than any other guitar I've ever owned. A tweak of the truss rod got everything back in order, but I was stunned at how quickly it went from "great" to "fret buzz on an open first string" to "every string lying flat on the fretboard".

As for me, I'm a multi-instrumentalist and am currently in a 90s rock band (drums/vox) and fill in occasionally on banjo in a friend's band when their guy can't make it.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Shane O.

Re: Raleigh, NC -- Old & New G&L Owner

Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 am

Howdy Shane,

Welcome to the world of G&L guitars & basses.

There is a registry for your instruments. If you have not yet added them, please do.

Also, it's an unofficial rule, but: No pix, no guitars :)

Take care,

edg

Wed May 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Great to meet you Shane! Welcome to the board!

Wed May 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Are you Shane G? I know a talented musician that moved to Raleigh a couple years ago named Shane.

If not, welcome anyway, it's always good to say hi and post pics of your G&L's.

Tom

Thu May 05, 2016 9:19 am

shaneo wrote:Howdy -

I'm Shane. Howya doin?

I've got a mid-90s G&L bass that I've had since new, and I just picked up an Ascari GTS in an effort to find a guitar that will be pretty flexible to gig with. So far, I'm digging the Ascari, but it has reacted more to winter conditions than any other guitar I've ever owned. A tweak of the truss rod got everything back in order, but I was stunned at how quickly it went from "great" to "fret buzz on an open first string" to "every string lying flat on the fretboard".

As for me, I'm a multi-instrumentalist and am currently in a 90s rock band (drums/vox) and fill in occasionally on banjo in a friend's band when their guy can't make it.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Shane O.

Welcome! :greet:

Check out this post: Welcome! Read This First as it has information on posting photos here.

We do love to see new (and old) G&L instruments from our members. And don't forget to add yours to our G&L Registry, too.

:ugeek: