New G&L Owner

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:21 pm

I've been on a quest to find the right T-style guitar (right for me) for the last two or three years. It was just one more reason to visit guitar shops in every city I was in. There were a lot of contenders, a lot of boutique builders, plenty of Fenders and Squiers. But last fall I found a Bluesboy semi-hollow body at Chicago Guitar Exchange that was everything I wanted, and after that it was just haggling on price. A couple weeks ago Sam Ash dropped $200 off street price on most of their G&L models, so I got a new Tribute at a really decent price, and it was everything I hoped for. I love how the two pickups are voiced distinctly differently, and how they sound together. I love the (lack of) weight of the thing. I love the feel of the neck and the fretboard. And I love the way it looks and sounds. Just a wonderful player's guitar.

Re: New G&L Owner

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:52 am

DThompson55 wrote:I've been on a quest to find the right T-style guitar (right for me) for the last two or three years. It was just one more reason to visit guitar shops in every city I was in. There were a lot of contenders, a lot of boutique builders, plenty of Fenders and Squiers. But last fall I found a Bluesboy semi-hollow body at Chicago Guitar Exchange that was everything I wanted, and after that it was just haggling on price. A couple weeks ago Sam Ash dropped $200 off street price on most of their G&L models, so I got a new Tribute at a really decent price, and it was everything I hoped for. I love how the two pickups are voiced distinctly differently, and how they sound together. I love the (lack of) weight of the thing. I love the feel of the neck and the fretboard. And I love the way it looks and sounds. Just a wonderful player's guitar.

Welcome! :wave:

We would love to see your new G&L. Please post some photos, because it does not exist without them. ;)
To post photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.
Also, don't forget to had your guitar to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek: