My 1st G & L

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 am

Hi folks,

Last summer I began a quest to find a guitar that would combine my Tele and Jag needs. For years I have brought those two guitars to just about every gig I've played. My search was to find the Tele tone--bright, spanky and clear--with a vibrato. I love the Jag (classic, '64, candy apple red), but the "darker" tone seemed to get buried in the live mix. I got my '83 SC-3 last October, and I'm so impressed with the tone that it has become my main guitar. This was a bit of a shock, seeing as I've been playing my Tele for 45 years and it never occurred to me I might be playing something different. What an under-appreciated guitar. My only issue is changing strings with that massive uncompromising string tee. Not Leo's best design. Are there any suggestions for making the process a little easier? Other than that, I only wish he'd given this guitar a proper name . . . G & L Twangcaster . . . Leo's Leopard . . . SwampMaster . . . . Nice to join your "club"; and I enjoy the posts here.

Yokel Brother

Re: My 1st G & L

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:45 pm

sirwin1 wrote:Hi folks,

Last summer I began a quest to find a guitar that would combine my Tele and Jag needs. For years I have brought those two guitars to just about every gig I've played. My search was to find the Tele tone--bright, spanky and clear--with a vibrato. I love the Jag (classic, '64, candy apple red), but the "darker" tone seemed to get buried in the live mix. I got my '83 SC-3 last October, and I'm so impressed with the tone that it has become my main guitar. This was a bit of a shock, seeing as I've been playing my Tele for 45 years and it never occurred to me I might be playing something different. What an under-appreciated guitar. My only issue is changing strings with that massive uncompromising string tee. Not Leo's best design. Are there any suggestions for making the process a little easier? Other than that, I only wish he'd given this guitar a proper name . . . G & L Twangcaster . . . Leo's Leopard . . . SwampMaster . . . . Nice to join your "club"; and I enjoy the posts here.

Yokel Brother

Welcome! :wave:

We need to see photos of your SC-3 otherwise it does not exist. ;)
Also, don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry, too.

:ugeek:

Re: My 1st G & L

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:52 pm

:searching: :searching: :searching: Photos of your SC-3 Please! :searching: :searching: :searching: