Hello from a Rhode Island G&L Loyalist

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:07 am

Hi all! My name is Mike and I'm new to the forum. Been using Guitars by Leo as a resource for researching G&L guitars so I figured I'd introduce myself and give back to the community best I can.

A little background: I've bought and sold quite a few guitars in a short period of time. As far as G&Ls go, I've played both the solid and semi hollow Bluesboy, S-500, Legacy (USA), SC-2 (USA), and the ASAT Special. I currently own the Ascari GT-90, Ascari GTS, Tribute Comanche, and Tribute Fallout. I play in a rock band and find that the P90 and humbucker pickups really suit my style better than some of the MFD-based models, but I keep the Comanche on hand for the single coil tones.

Been playing guitar for around 10 years now - more seriously in the last 3. First got introduced to the brand when I went to a local guitar shop and noticed these guitars with a distinctive head stock and logo. Like many uninformed guitar players, I thought they were simply copies of...another guitar maker... but after doing some research and testing, I learned about the authenticity, high-quality, and commitment to excellence G&L stands for. I really like how steeped in history they are, but I'm even more excited about their ventures into new areas. I encourage the great minds at G&L to build on the success of the guitars like the Ascari. The GTS and GT90 pickups are some of the finest I've played and I'm a huge fan of other features like the scale length and set neck. Grit and sustain for days.

I play in an original rock band called The Kick Ups based out of Providence. Below are some links to some of our home recordings if you're interested. They were all done before my awareness of G&L guitars. However, I pledge to bring the fleet with me to the next recording session!

http://www.soundcloud.com/thekickups
http://www.facebook.com/thekickups

Re: Hello from a Rhode Island G&L Loyalist

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:01 am

Welcome to the forum Mike. Look forward to hear your recording "war stories"!

- Jos