Long-Time Owner, but new here

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:12 am

...So I thought I should make some pictures to make my guitar spring into existence.... :D

I'm Al Evans. I'm retired, and have been playing guitar since the early sixties. I play mostly acoustic music, but feel the urge to play some rock or jazz pretty frequently. I've always had an electric around. My current one, which is one of my favorite guitars ever, is a G&L S-500 I bought used 7-8 years ago. As you can see, it's got chrome knobs and locking tuners. I normally play it through a Fender Blues Junior. I'm real happy with the sounds I get.

I also play bass a lot. I have a Godin A4 fretless and a Warwick Thumb BO fretless, and got the hankering for a Fender Precision. Partly, i wanted something with frets for a change, and partly I just like the sound of a PBass. Somewhere in the midst of indecision, I found out G&L made the LB-100 -- they didn't, last time I looked -- and my mind was pretty well made up. I sold some unused audio gear and bought this one. It's played in pretty well, and I'm thoroughly pleased with the sound I'm getting -- not to mention the quality of fit and finish and electronics that G&L provides. These get played mainly through a little G-K MBS bass amp that I bought new long ago.

So, there you go. I have way too much fun playing and singing and carrying on with my musical friends!

--Al Evans

Re: Long-Time Owner, but new here

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:21 am

Howdy Al.

You are right, you need to pix to prove their existence :)

Welcome to the family.

edg

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:36 am

love the S500

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:love the S500

+1, I dig matching headstocks. :clap:

Welcome to the club.

Dan