Hello and thanks!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:02 am

Hello all,
I'm an old guy, but picked up guitar when my daughter started lessons 4 years ago. She got a new guitar last summer for her perseverance and so did I. I wanted a Tele but not at Custom Shop prices to get what I wanted. A friend had bought an ASAT almost 20 years ago and recently talked to him about it. He still has it and still loves it. I played a few and loved the quality, then I found this forum and decided to order a new one. There is great information here that helped me pick out what I wanted along with great reviews and comments. G&L actually messaged me back a few times on Facebook with quick responses and that sealed the deal. I ordered this from a local shop, not a chain store, which is important to me. It's a quality, hand built, USA made guitar by a great company, and I could not be happier with it.

Here are the specs: ASAT Classic Alnico, Swamp Ash body in Cherryburst, Slim C neck, Top Bound in white, 3-ply White Pearl pick guard, Rear Contour, Satin Vintage tint neck, Quartersawn Maple neck, Bone nut, Medium Jumbo frets, Schaller locking tuners. I added Dunlop strap locks and replaced the string tree with a Fender 50's Vintage button style.

Picture at the G&L Factory

Backside view of the burst color

Front side, hard to really get the color in a picture

Head with 50's style Fender string tree

Re: Hello and thanks!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:56 am

Welcome Beaubob! Similar story here, started playing about 7 years ago when my daughter decided she wanted to learn and play guitar. One the best thrills was getting to perform with her. I hope you get to experience the same.

Mighty fine ASAT, real sharp with the binding. Just be warned 1 G&L turns into many.... Addicting guitars they are!

Congratulations and enjoy, Dan

Re: Hello and thanks!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:00 pm

wow, that's a knockout! nice ASAT classic, and welcome!