Old Member, New Intro

Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:07 am

Seems a lot of page changes since last I was active here, so to reactivate my full membership, here's my story.

Discovered G&L in the mid 90s through some friends who played them. Found a Belair Green ASAT in a local store but by the time had the $ in hand it was gone.

Not long after, a local music store was being liquidated, so I went to check it out. Was just about out the door after finding nothing of interest when a worker shouted from the back, "Are we holding this one for someone" while holding a clear orange ASAT Classic up high by the neck. Couldn't turn around and say "I'll take that!" fast enough". Never a big orange finish fan, but it played so well I had to take it home.

Many other G&L guitars and basses have come and gone since then, but still have my orange AC. Had the neck replaced under warranty, but otherwise all stock.

Recently acquired a late '96 Legacy and again am amazed at the quality of these instruments.

Re: Old Member, New Intro

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:27 am

I remember your login from way back (10-15 years ago). Happy to know you are still playing guitar, and playing G&Ls.

Re: Old Member, New Intro

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi inertian! :greet:

I remember you as well from the old board, great to see you back with the GLDP cult....uh, clan. Still have the orange AC, now that speaks a lot for that guitar, especially when you go to the effort of neck replacement. Pics please