Greetings from Vegas

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:43 am

I've had my Bluesboy tribute for about 6 mos. and just signed on here yesterday. I play mostly Country and Blues. So far I've swapped out the neck pickup for a Seth Lover, installed a Gotoh bridge and changed the nut to a Tusq XL. Kudos to this site for supplying me with the information I needed for the pick up swap.

Re: Greetings from Vegas

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Welcome! :wave:

Great looking Tribute Bluesboy SH, when you get a chance, please do add it to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Tasty burst :D

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey sixstringer!

Thanks for posting on the introduction page, great to see that beautiful new Bluesboy. :thumbup:

I keep getting the itch for one of those semi hollow babies, and you are only adding to the GAS. :evilgrin: I like the clear orange maple fretboard and would love to get a blonde version with a maple board. May have to find a used tribby Legacy neck with the 12 radius. Time will tell on all counts.

Post some clips sometime and keep jumping in on other topics.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:46 am

that is a sweet looking bluesboy! on the neck pickup, it's oriented so that the adjustable screws side of the pickup is toward the bridge, rather than toward the neck. most guitars with neck 'buckers will have the opposite orientation, screw side closest to the neck. i wonder if this has any significant effect on tone from that pickup, relative to the bridge pickup, in middle selector position.
my epi 335 is oriented the same way (a duncan '59), as this was the easiest way to install the pup on that guitar. just wundrin...

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:09 pm

drjho7 wrote:that is a sweet looking bluesboy! on the neck pickup, it's oriented so that the adjustable screws side of the pickup is toward the bridge, rather than toward the neck. most guitars with neck 'buckers will have the opposite orientation, screw side closest to the neck. i wonder if this has any significant effect on tone from that pickup, relative to the bridge pickup, in middle selector position.
my epi 335 is oriented the same way (a duncan '59), as this was the easiest way to install the pup on that guitar. just wundrin...

I don't have anything to compare it to so I really don't know if the orientation makes a difference or not. In any case it sounds pretty darn good and that's all I care about. I asked my tech about why he installed it that way and like yours he said it was the easiest and most sensible way to do it.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked having it installed backwards but then I remembered this guy and figured if it's good enough for him I guess I can get used to it.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:00 pm

keef would say: "of course it sounds better that way!"