New G&L Legacy HSS Owner

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:32 pm

Just got my first G&L, a used Legacy HSS, and i love the thing. Sounds great, has a few battle scars, but the tone and the neck are great. Someone has put a Seymour Duncan Humbucker in the Bridge pickup, from what I have seen, that is not original. i love this thing already, i sold my amer std strat because it was kind of lifeless, this thing is alive!! i am looking forward to the forum and learning about the G&L guitars. I appreciate the forum being available!

stratwinder

Re: New G&L Legacy HSS Owner

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:30 pm

stratwinder wrote:Just got my first G&L, a used Legacy HSS, and i love the thing. Sounds great, has a few battle scars, but the tone and the neck are great. Someone has put a Seymour Duncan Humbucker in the Bridge pickup, from what I have seen, that is not original. i love this thing already, i sold my amer std strat because it was kind of lifeless, this thing is alive!! i am looking forward to the forum and learning about the G&L guitars. I appreciate the forum being available!

stratwinder

Welcome to the world of G&L! :greet:

We would love to see photos (it does not exist without them ;) ) and don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.
Also, please add your location to your Profile via the User Control Panel.

Regarding the SD humbucker, it is likely factory installed and is a JB (TB-4) humbucker pickup. Prior to July 1, 2015,
this model was called the Legacy HB and came standard with SD pickup. Beginning in July 2015 G&L changed the name
to Legacy HSS with a G&L Alnico humbucker in the bridge. The SD humbucker pickup is now an optional pickup.
See these two posts located in our G&L Knowledgebase:
2014-15 (pre-July 1) G&L U.S. Specifications and Options and July 1, 2015-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

What will be your next G&L? ;) :think:

:ugeek:

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Welcome ! I remember how happy I was when I found my first G&L . This forum is second to none , post often !

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks very much to both for the kind replies.
I an glad to know that the SD humbucker was original equip, I love used guitars, and if possible, like to have them original.
I have started my profile, and will register the guitar and get some pics up asap.

thanks again for the kind welcome.

Next G&L? Bluesboy? Maybe just one more guitar and I will be done buying them!!! Yeah, thats the ticlet :thumbup: