Hello everybody

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:02 pm

I am new to forums altogether, so this is going to be a learning experience for me.

I have a Legacy I bought a couple of years ago which I really like. But is also sounds like a radio through my tube amp when I play it, so I have decided to shield it. But upon opening it up, the wiring does not seem to match any of the diagrams I can find, especially the grounding. Knowing that could be part of the problem, I have decided to appeal to the massed knowledge of everyone here to keep me from screwing this nice guitar up. I have been trying test post previews, but I haven't yet figured out how to post pictures. As soon as I can figure that out, I'll post the diagram and few pics of the wiring to illustrate the problem.

I have been playing for a while now, being the original owner of the '78 Tak 340S. I have a lot to learn, and look forward to it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Hello everybody

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Hey Mark,

Welcome to the GLDP, you will find a bunch of folks who love G&L guitars and will share tons of information. Jump in often whenever you see a topic that sounds like fun. (most all are)

We do follow one little motto, "It doesn't exist without a picture." :D

Post pics of yer Legacy when you can.

Re: Hello everybody

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Mark M wrote:I am new to forums altogether, so this is going to be a learning experience for me.

I have a Legacy I bought a couple of years ago which I really like. But is also sounds like a radio through my tube amp when I play it, so I have decided to shield it. But upon opening it up, the wiring does not seem to match any of the diagrams I can find, especially the grounding. Knowing that could be part of the problem, I have decided to appeal to the massed knowledge of everyone here to keep me from screwing this nice guitar up. I have been trying test post previews, but I haven't yet figured out how to post pictures. As soon as I can figure that out, I'll post the diagram and few pics of the wiring to illustrate the problem.

I have been playing for a while now, being the original owner of the '78 Tak 340S. I have a lot to learn, and look forward to it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Welcome! :greet:

See: Tutorial: Posting photos.
Looking forward to seeing your Legacy and don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek: