New user from East Tennessee

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:17 pm

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj69 ... 9dsmmh.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj69 ... 9dsmmh.jpg
Digging my G&L guitars. I picked up an ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Yukon Gold a couple of years ago and love it. I am stoked to now have a second ASAT Classic. It's a Solamente in Sunburst!
Last edited by DrZRocks on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Re: New user from East Tennessee

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Congrats DrZRocks!

The Solamente is still not widely publicized as evidenced by its longtime absence on G&L guitar model page. Did you get the MFD or the Alnico version?

- Jos

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Welcome DR Z. I just tried to look at the G&L web site and cannot get in. Is the Solamente still being offered? Nice guitars by the way but we need pics!!-- Darwin

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:25 pm

darwinohm wrote:Welcome DR Z. I just tried to look at the G&L web site and cannot get in. Is the Solamente still being offered? Nice guitars by the way but we need pics!!-- Darwin

Yes, both models of the Solamente are still on the dealer price list. See: July 1, 2015-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options, which fills in the models not yet listed on the main G&L website, including some factory photos.

DrZRocks wrote:Digging my G&L guitars. I picked up an ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Yukon Gold a couple of years ago and love it. I am stoked to now have a second ASAT Classic. It's Solamente in Sunburst! I will post a couple of pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Welcome! :greet:

For information on posting photos, videos and audio files, see: Welcome! Read This First.

Looking forward to seeing your G&L. :searching:

And, don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:16 am

I am confused. Boy I thought I new a lot about G&L but the ASAT with no neck pickup is new to me. What is the exact model of that guitar? Also, what does the switch do on it? Is it 3 way? I am very interested in the switching.

That Bluesboy is sexy! Man it looks real good in gold. Is it semi hollow or no?

And what is "Solamente"?

p.s. Welcome to the Forum!

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:31 am

JimmyJames wrote:I am confused. Boy I thought I new a lot about G&L but the ASAT with no neck pickup is new to me. What is the exact model of that guitar? Also, what does the switch do on it? Is it 3 way? I am very interested in the switching.

That Bluesboy is sexy! Man it looks real good in gold. Is it semi hollow or no?

And what is "Solamente"?

p.s. Welcome to the Forum!

ASAT Classic Solemente and ASAT Classic Solemente Alnico. They came out in 2013.
See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase for more details: Why do the ASAT Classic Solamentes need a toggle switch?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Welcome ! Beautiful ASATs you have there.