Newbie from ohio

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi brand new member from ohio. Also, at almost 50 years old, starting to learn to play guitar with my daughter. Went through several guitars to find the right fit. Finally traded for a Comanche and love it! Question: how can I tell if it's made in USA or overseas? Serial number CLF47925.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Re: Newbie from ohio

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Gsk1966 wrote:Hi brand new member from ohio. Also, at almost 50 years old, starting to learn to play guitar with my daughter. Went through several guitars to find the right fit. Finally traded for a Comanche and love it! Question: how can I tell if it's made in USA or overseas? Serial number CLF47925.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Welcome!

It's MIA, see: Serial number significance.

Please post some photos, it does not exist without them. ;)
And don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.
See: Welcome! Read This First.

Looking forward to seeing your Comanche. :searching:

:ugeek:

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks! That's really great news. I think I got a great deal on it then. Lol. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Gsk1966 wrote:Thanks! That's really great news. I think I got a great deal on it then. Lol. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how.

There is a link to our tutorial on posting photos in the Welcome! Read This First post.

:ugeek:

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:27 pm

sweet !! ... also from Ohio

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:09 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48qwxnu5wcwl4 ... m.jpg?dl=0

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:sweet !! ... also from Ohio

Sweet! Zanesville here'

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. You just started playing guitar and your first guitar is a Comanche! You my friend have excellent taste. Congrats on starting with a real guitar.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:19 pm

JimmyJames wrote:Welcome to the forum. You just started playing guitar and your first guitar is a Comanche! You my friend have excellent taste. Congrats on starting with a real guitar.

Lol. Thanks! I'm really excited about it. I really think it found me. Really cool guy educated me on G&L when I got my daughters unit. The story and his passion about them started me looking, and the deal was too good to pass up.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Gsk1966 wrote:
JimmyJames wrote:Welcome to the forum. You just started playing guitar and your first guitar is a Comanche! You my friend have excellent taste. Congrats on starting with a real guitar.

Lol. Thanks! I'm really excited about it. I really think it found me. Really cool guy educated me on G&L when I got my daughters unit. The story and his passion about them started me looking, and the deal was too good to pass up.

Nice man. And you are right. You don't select a G&L. G&Ls choose you. You have no freewill in the matter. When you are chosen by a G&L you have to accept. It is cosmic law.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Beautiful. Never saw one quite like that. I like it. A very versatile instrument selected you. Enjoy! - ed

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Welcome ! What a great way to get out of the gate, NEVER stop playing. You chose well my friend.