Hi!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:28 am

Hey there,
I'm new to this forum. I just got my first G&L, but hopefully not my last :)
Not much to say. To be completely honest I'm not that much active in forums, with work and family guitar often takes the back seat, one day hopefully it will change. In the mean time I have to get as many guitars as I can :D

Re: Hi!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:01 pm

spiro2903 wrote:Hey there,
I'm new to this forum. I just got my first G&L, but hopefully not my last :)
Not much to say. To be completely honest I'm not that much active in forums, with work and family guitar often takes the back seat, one day hopefully it will change. In the mean time I have to get as many guitars as I can :D

Welcome! :wave:

We say that it does not exist without photos, so please post a photo of your G&L. For information on posting photos and general navigation of our site, see: Welcome! Read This First.

Also, please added your instrument to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Unfortunately there won't be any pictures today. I am sending back the guitar I got, but as soon as I resolve the issue on ebay I'm getting a new G&L and posting pictures. Hopefully it won't be long :)

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:03 am

Dobar Dan Spiro. I hope it works out and we'll see your pictures here soon. What model were you getting?

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Hey Tomas. That was very good Croatian! Was that from google translate or do You speak Croatian?
I'm thinking between USA s500 or ASAT classic S. Single coils always sounded weak to my ears, except for those MFDs. I'd like something for crunchy/heavy blues with nice 2 and 4 positions. I usually prefer guitars without vibrato but as I don't have any with vibrato I'll probably be getting s500.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm originally from Slovakia so I speak and understand few words :-) I haven't played the Asat Classic S, but I know for sure that S500 might be what you are looking for. MFD's are great, but even the alnico's in Legacy for example, are great pickups not weak like some other brands. They have extended range on the bottom and top just a little bit. I generally don't care for vibratos either, but the Dual Fulcrum is something else and really suits me as I'm playing in a different tuning and it balances out the different tension between the strings. I hope it all works out for you and you'll send us some pictures of your new G&L soon.