Happy days it finally arrived

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm

Hello anyone taking the time to read this. I'm Matt from Arizona, and I just received my first G&L. It's a 2000 ASAT Special in Cherryburst, and I must say, I love the way it plays and sounds. My father used to have a G&L ASAT Classic, and when I had an opportunity to get this guitar, he told me not to pass it up. Overall, I am impressed with the quality and balance of the guitar, but I am definitely going to have to throw some new strings on it.

A little about myself. I am actually a drummer who casually plays the guitar. I have been playing the drums for about 10 years and throughly enjoy it, but you can't just sit back and relax on the drums while hanging out with friends/family. This is where I started getting into guitars. I am a below average player, but I still enjoy the hell out of learning and playing casually. Lately, I have had this crazy itch to collect guitars, but I have to make sure not to scratch it too frequently. I must say, though, I am very happy with my new purchase.

For some reason the pictures came up pretty dark. The burst is much lighter(yellow/orange) near the bridge.

Re: Happy days it finally arrived

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Welcome aboard! Sweet ASAT you got there - dig the white on Orange burst.

The great thing about ASATs - they sound so good you play more & more…

Cheers,

KF

Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Welcome to the site, I just picked up a G&L Tribute Legacy yesterday. Nice guitars!

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Without a doubt. I feel like I have played this more than my other guitars when I first got them. Addicting, indeed.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm

love it! Congratulations. A perfect "First G&L"!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Congrats that's a gorgeous orange burst Special!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks! Now I just need to get a newer fitted case. Are all of the older ones a universal style case? It looks like a strat case.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Congratulations, and welcome. She's a beaut!

An ASAT Special was my first G&L, and I have to warn you, it is a slippery slope. No, really! While seemingly and deceptively simple, you have a very versatile and powerful beast there.

Inevitably, you're going to want to check out a Bluesboy model (freaking fantastic), and then maybe a Legacy or a Comanche or an S-500.

Regardless, the good folks here - you will find - are qualified and able to assist you in pursuing your newfound interest.

Salud! - ed