Greetings from the Rocky Mountains!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Today I received my first G&L guitar, a Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top in red. I was going to build a partscaster and as I went down my list I found this guitar had all the things on my list except a Strat-shaped body. But I'm a Tele-guy at heart, so that was a non-issue. I'm going to take it to my tech for new strings and fine tuning, but I could easily go out and gig this guitar right now, right out of the box. I'm really impressed with this guitar. I may upgrade the electronics, but not until I play it for a while and see what it can do.

I have a question. What gauge strings are on the Tributes? I usually play a .0095 set or a hybrid set with a .009 on top. The stock strings on it feel fine and I might use the same gauge if I can figure out what they are.

This seems like friendly and smart crowd and I look forward to accessing the collective knowledge base of G&L owners here.

BTW, my bass player has been playing a fretless L-1000 (I think that's the model) for years and it's his favorite bass. I think he's as excited about my new guitar as I am.

Re: Greetings from the Rocky Mountains!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:40 pm

pablomago wrote:Today I received my first G&L guitar, a Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top in red. I was going to build a partscaster and as I went down my list I found this guitar had all the things on my list except a Strat-shaped body. But I'm a Tele-guy at heart, so that was a non-issue. I'm going to take it to my tech for new strings and fine tuning, but I could easily go out and gig this guitar right now, right out of the box. I'm really impressed with this guitar. I may upgrade the electronics, but not until I play it for a while and see what it can do.

I have a question. What gauge strings are on the Tributes? I usually play a .0095 set or a hybrid set with a .009 on top. The stock strings on it feel fine and I might use the same gauge if I can figure out what they are.

This seems like friendly and smart crowd and I look forward to accessing the collective knowledge base of G&L owners here.

BTW, my bass player has been playing a fretless L-1000 (I think that's the model) for years and it's his favorite bass. I think he's as excited about my new guitar as I am.

Welcome! :greet:

I just replied to your other post regarding Tribute string size.

Please do post a photo of your Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top, as it does not exist without photo proof. ;)
And don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.
See: Welcome! Read This First for info on posting photos here and navigating our website.

:ugeek:

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 am

I'm having problems getting photos off my camera and onto the new computer, but I will post a pic as soon as I can.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:52 am

Welcome to the site.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Greetings from the Rockies!