New to G & L

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Howdy, just wanted to introduce myself as a new G & L owner. I've been wanting a Tele style guitar for awhile, playing a Strat and a Strat style Carvin for years. This spring I had triple by-pass surgery and once I started feeling better I thought, what the hell, I don't want to kick over without ever owning a T style. I really had my eye on a Tribute series semi- hollow bluesboy. Searching all over the web I was lucky to find one at a store in Wisconsin, Full Compass, that was a display model. Heavily discounted I pulled the trigger, keeping my fingers crossed that it would be in good shape. What a great surprise! Not only is it in perfect shape but it was set up better than any of my other guitars! I got the clear orange and it's a beaut. I have hardly gotten past the bridge pickup thru a Bad Monkey with a little delay and compression. There is the sound that I've been after for a long time! I'm a damn happy new G & L owner!

Re: New to G & L

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:26 pm

sweet , welcome and congrats !! ... the clear orange is awesome , but you got to have pictures to prove ownership :) ..... after all , anyone can come on here and say they own one :evilgrin:
Last edited by Fumble fingers on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Welcome here and show us your guitar!

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Ahhh, love at first strum... :luv: :luv:

Why redstrat? It should be OrangeBB. ;)

Congrats and as you can gather, we like to see photos and don't forget to put your new toy in the registry. :thumbup:

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Welcome! :wave:

See: Welcome! Read This First.

Looking forward to seeing your Tribute ASAT Bluesboy Semi-Hollow. :searching:
BTW, it is an exclusive version (Clear Orange) of this model to Full Compass.

:ugeek:

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:41 am

Welcome and yes the Bluesboy is a killer guitar. Mr. Tim (post above) came up with that design along with G&L and now they sell like hotcakes. Anytime I see a post from that guy I read it, he knows guitars.

enjoy that beast,

y2kc