New BluesBoy Owner

Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Just received my first G&L yesterday. It took awhile, but it has been worth the wait. May lose my job unless I learn to write code while playing guitar.

The guitar is a custom-ordered ASAT Classic BluesBoy SemiHollow with the Blueburst finish (This guitar brought to you by the letter B). I got it with the f-hole, satin finish neck, Rosewood Fretboard and Locking Tuners.

Oh, yes, secondary information. Who am I. I am a programmer, mostly dealing with applications for the HealthCare industry. I live in Northern California in the Sierras somewhere about halfway between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. I have been playing guitar, in somewhat the same manner I approached advanced education, haphazardly, without any clear direction, and with not much to show for it, at a somewhat hazy point in the late '70s. I seemed to have corrected that in my professional life, and am now trying to do the same with my elusive obsession with getting proficient at the guitar.

I discovered the G&LDP shortly after ordering the bluesboy and have enjoyed the banter, admired the expertise, and have been most impressed by the respect shown between members. I look forward to enjoying y'alls company deep into the unforeseeable future.

Enough for now,
-recluse

Re: New BluesBoy Owner

Wed May 05, 2010 9:03 pm

recluse wrote:May lose my job unless I learn to write code while playing guitar.

I know somebody who has made a fine living for the last decade doing exactly that. See him every morning in the mirror ;)

Congrats with your purchase and rock on! :happy0065: