beginner guitar

Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Hello people..I'm a new player,looking at a G&L .I have an acoustic now and want to go electric.Looking at all the G&L guitars,I don"t really know the difference. I'm sure any G&L will be fine,but here is what I want...400-700 dollar range....good for blues and rock(I LOVE THE BLUES) and will last a while....thanks in advance!!Rock on...

Re: beginner guitar

Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi OCGuy42,

Welcome. And naturally, everybody here is going to suggest G&L for your next guitar. For the price range you mentioned, you are looking at the Tribute line, G&Ls made in Indonesia line. BUT..... It's good stuff.

As for which guitar to get...... Try them all. They have different sounds, which is good because the blues has different sounds.

Take care,

edg

Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:50 pm

I assumed all G&L's were made in Fullerton,which is near me..you are saying some are made oversea's?who knew...I guess I'll go and play a few..thanks for the response..

Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Welcome! As Ed mentioned, a new G&L in that price range would be an imported Tribute Series instrument. They are excellent values. If you are looking for a Fullerton-built guitar, it's still possible to find used G&Ls in good condition at the upper end of that range. The couple of Tribbies I've played in music stores were very nice, but each and every one of the 30+ used G&Ls I've owned has been amazing...

Is there a particular tone you are after, or an artist you particularly want to sound like? Do any of the body styles appeal to you in particular?

Ken

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:52 am

Thank you so much for the info...so,it looks like a new G&L for under 500 made in fullerton is not possible. I like bb king,ry cooder,eric clapton,and I am really into jack white right now

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:33 pm

you might be able to get one used close to 500.00 , otherwise SC 2 is probably the lowest cost G&L new wise , lot of bang for the buck with a SC 2 for the money