Hello from Kansas City

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:41 am

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forum, but I've lurked for awhile. I only own one G&L, this mid-80's Skyhawk that I inherited from my Grandpa. He played it everyday for 25 years, and it shows. It's obviously very sentimental to me, but also a joy to play. It's one of only two lifetime keeper guitars I own. I already will be a limetime G&L player with the Skyhawk, but I've been on the look out for the perfect ASAT for a while now.

Re: Hello from Kansas City

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Your Skyhawk sure shows the love your Grandpa had for playing.
What is your dream ASAT ?

Welcome! (and feel free to post more pics anytime :evilgrin: ,)
elwood

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Your grandpa sure had a good taste in guitars... i hope my grandkids will play my G&L guitars too, but I'm not too confident... hip hop and all that crap is just too attractive to them...

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:39 pm

I would love a belair green ASAT special or classic with matching headstock (preferaby bound).

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:04 pm

What a lovely inheritance; I'm sure you'll treasure your Grandpa's guitar for lots of reasons, and keeping it forever is the greatest plan. Decades from now, it will say even more!
It's a really fine working guitar too. You can make lots of good music with that nice instrument.

When it comes to a new Asat, do try to play before you buy.
Because:
You have at least 4 ways to go! Even 8 or 10.

Classic
Classic Bluesboy (Seth Lover or P-90)
Special
Z-3

All different takes on the same great guitar scheme.
And all available semi-hollow .........

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:02 pm

elguapo136 wrote:I would love a belair green ASAT special or classic with matching headstock (preferaby bound).

get em both :evilgrin: welcome to the madness

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:48 pm

WOW - that's a bundle of Leo-era Goodness ya got there… Love the natural wear & tear and mojo.
Very Cool that it was your Grandpa's too - he had good taste!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pic and say Hi.

Cheers,
KF

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Wow :o is there any chance that I'll be adopted to your family too? Grandpa!!! I want a G&L too ;) that's a wonderful guitar (judging by the pictures)

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Really nice!

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:30 am

How cool that he had a player in the family to hand it off to. Looks awesome. Welcome, and hope you find your ASAT. They're great guitars too!