Hi from the UK

Sun May 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi guys, I picked up my first G&L at the end of last week (Sunday being the start a new week for me :D ) after failiing miserably to get my hands on a blacker than black Asat Bluesboy recently.
After recession-forced sales of my Les Pauls and Precision Bass, I've picked up a nice Asat Special - I think it's an Asat Special anyway. Having drastically reduced my collection of guitars (tools really!) I am down to a CIJ Fender Tele Custom 72 RI, the Asat, a Gordon-Smith GS1.5 (British made LP Junior clone) and a Martin HD-28V. I also have an Epiphone Dot and a CIJ Squier Strat that don't get much of a look in at the moment. I took the Asat out to gig last night and was VERY pleased with how it sounded through my Mesa. Neck is very much thinner and flatter than would be my preference, but I'm sure I'll get used to it!

I'll be asking some more questions about the guitar soon, but I just thought I'd say hi!

Cheers!
JG

Re: Hi from the UK

Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

JG, Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you. Ask all the questions you may have. This forum has an abundant supply of genius guitar players. I know I am one; last week I couldn't even spell jeanyus. :lol:

Post some pics of your new ASAT when you get a moment!

Cheers! :cheers: