Hello all

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Hello G&L people. My name is Rudi. I live in North Idaho near the Canadian border. Have a small but decent home studio built around a fairly new iMac; Presonus front end and DAW. Current guitars: 2005 Gibson Hummingbird and a Schecter PT Tele-style electric. I have a V22 Bugera amp...I bit my lip and ignored the voice in my head saying NO BEHRINGER STUFF and have been flat-out amazed at the tone of this amp. In a long, sad story, I lost about 30 grand worth of studio and guitar equipment in 2013 and am just getting back on my feet. The Tele sound was the first priority, and with the tappable HBs on the Schecter, I've gotten a wide range of great tones. Now it's Strat time, and its going to be a used Strat-style G&L Legacy in that beautiful blueburst. I've heard just great things about the stock pickups and the fit/finish on these guitars and I'm SO looking forward to owning a Strat again...and looking forward to a G&L.

Just as a recommend, if anyone is shopping for a T-style electric and considering a MIM Fender, do yourself a favor and try out the PT Schecter. It's kind of nice slowly rebuilding my home studio, because I'm a lot clearer on what I want and don't want. Just scored a fantastic sounding mic - an Audio-Technica AT 4047 LD condenser. Hard to believe this incredible mic cost well under a grand, but there it is. I suspect that it's being entirely made in Japan with Japanese parts probably contributes to its high quality; even some of the German goods have Chinese parts or are made there.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'm scanning Guitar Center's used listings daily. Soon enough my Legacy will surface and I will reel it in. My bathroom has great early reverb conditions.
[image]http://s407.photobucket.com/user/dogn4u/media/IMG_3729.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1/image]

Re: Hello all

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Welcome to the site from another new one.

Re: Hello all

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Welcome!