New lefty

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum, but it looks like a nice one. I'm also on leftyguitartrader.com and leftyfrets.net, so by now you probably get that I'm a lefty. I only have one G&L so far, an L-2000 bass that I've had a few years, and I like it, but I know I would love it if I was a decent bass player. I have another G&L on order - one of the LE-2 that you guys got made :banana: . I am very excited to play it, but won't get to for a few months. Mine will be autumnburst with the dfs bridge, locking tuners, graph-tech nut, and of course, lefty. I would've liked the baked maple fretboard, but they're not doing that anymore, so mine will be rosewood. Since it doesn't really exist without pictures, here's my L-2000 anyway:

Re: New lefty

Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm new around here too! Welcome!!!

Great looking bass!

Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:24 am

AWESOME, glad you ordered the LE-2, you'll love it.

Welcome to this forum as well,

Alf

Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:36 am

Greetings from another fellow lefty :thumbup:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:36 am

sweet Bass and congrats on the LE 2 !! .....

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 am

Glad to have the LE-2 on order. You will be WELL pleased! Do you know what number you have coming?

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:40 pm

SouthpawGuy wrote:Greetings from another fellow lefty :thumbup:

+1

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:Glad to have the LE-2 on order. You will be WELL pleased! Do you know what number you have coming?

No idea what number it will be. I asked, but they weren't sure at musicsource, so that'll probably be a surprise. Funniest thing is I didn't think I had any guitars with MFD pickups until - duh - I realized my bass's pups are MFDs. If I didn't have other guitars to keep me company, the anticipation would be driving me nuts.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I look forward to contributing what I can. There are some awesome looking guitars in this group.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Well I probably will not be getting an LE-2 afterall. I ordered it on Feb 13 (yup, almost 6 months ago), and to this day had no communication from G&L or Music Source since the order. I have a hard time making calls during business hours, so more than a month ago I tried asking Music Source about the order by email - no response. I tried again a week or two later by using their web site's contact us page - crickets.

So today I'm on vacation just to catch up with things, and this order is one of them. I called Music Source to get the story and probably cancel the order. He confuses me for another customer he did the same thing to, then blames G&L for screwing up the orders. He asks me to be patient with him while he calls G&L to see what's going on, and calls me back, saying someone there was going to chase the guitar down. He tells me he's going to call me back in 5 minutes with someone from G&L, and that was over two hours ago - and here I am waiting like an idiot for that call that never comes.

Although it looked great and I expected it to be a nice custom order, I'm really losing it with Music Source and maybe G&L, not sure yet - I no longer want this guitar because it's tied to this lousy experience.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 pm

Welcome fellow Southpaw! G&Ls are excellent to us lefties, but I'm sure you already know that by now.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:35 pm

If only we could get a Rampage lefty :( without having to pay 1500-3000 for a used 80s one.