Hello from Dallas

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:44 am

Just wanted to say hello to all on the forum from Big D. I've been a member off and on at GbL since about 2000, and followed the early discussions for the GbL ASAT LE.

I'm a die-hard Fender-Fullerton aficionado, and have played MM's, G&L's, Laklands, Fenders, and other similarly designed custom instruments all my life. I've probably owned 12 different Fender/G&L/MM instruments, mostly basses. I was a pro bassist and teacher through the 90's and early 2000's, before I went off into the business world, and I've also written a music book for a major guitar/bass publisher.

I'm rekindling my interest in G&L's and MusicMan's, and recently bought a Broadcaster in near mint condition, which Larry on this board was kind enough to authenticate for me. I also own a modded early L1000 with MusicMan Bartonlini p/u's that I bought in FT Lauderdale pawn shop for $150. My good friend Jimmy Coppolo (Alleva-Coppolo) helped me restore it, and he even refretted it for me. Even though it is modded, it plays and sounds so good that people ask me if they can buy it, but this is a special bass that I doubt I will ever sell (already had it about 13 years now).

Look forward to continuing participation in the group, and would like to know of any other Dallas members on the board.

Thanks