Greetings All

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Greetings all. I have been playing guitar professionally on and off since the 1970s. Have owned many instruments over the years including the newer model American and Mexican strats. I just purchased my first G&L Tribute Legacy and I have to say it is outstanding and I am amazed at the quality of this guitar, from the swamp ash body, to the tapered profile neck, to the incredible sounding pickups.

More amazing is there is nothing on this guitar that needs to be modified, as it sounds incredible and plays effortlessly. The neck has a lovely taper that widens as you go up the fretboard, which reminds me of the early 1960 strats. Truly, one of the best necks I have ever played.

I had no idea the G&L Tributes were this good! You have won my business and I will be purchasing other products from G&L. This is one great sounding strat.

Thanks.

Re: Greetings All

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Welcome to the club CSVeteran! I love the neck profile on my G&L's as well, and do compare with some vintage F instruments I've had the privilege to handle. Posts some pics of this well deserved Tribute Legacy! We'd love to see the Fender-slayer first hand.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Here are a few pics. It is a Blueburst.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Incredible playing guitar. I got the action down to .050 at the 12th fret. Not a buzz anywhere on the fretboard. It doesn't get much better than that!

What I love about the neck is it is wide, but the E strings don't slide off the frets like vintage strats. I should have been playing these guitars years ago. I now know what alll the fuss is about.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:56 pm

sweet !! ... and congrats , welcome to the "Club"