New Member....but.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi, I'm Bob and I have too many guitars.

As a member of several online communities, I always cringe when a new guy's first utterance is "BUY MY GUITAR!!!!!". I'll try not to be him.

I have a guitar collection that needs to be thinned and I use the LPFO accounting method. That is, Least Played, First Out. While several guitars fall into that category, it does, for whatever reason, also include my two G&L's.... 2005'ish, mintish, S-500 and ASAT Classic Bluesboy.

So I'm here to ....first, say hello, and second, to ask for some help in valuing the guitars. Or help in figuring out how to value them. Then I'll be off to transfer a couple of very nice guitars to someone who'll make far better use of them than have I.

So, any suggestions on how to set fair prices for the guitars is appreciated. FWIW, I have checked CL and "completed" Ebay and have found them somewhat helpful. Is there a better process?

Thanks a million,

Bob Frame

Re: New Member....but.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Bob and welcome the the G&L cult...uh I mean club. Come around more and tell us about your G&L's and yourself.

As far as value goes, the two sources you mention are a good reference and you could throw in a GBASE search. I have found the best source of G&L valuation is for all guitars to be sent directly to me for inspection over a period of 1 month until. :evilgrin:

Post some pics of the S-500 and ASAT Classic Bluesboy and include some history on them.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:55 pm

History is uninspired...bought new at Maple Street Guitars (Atlanta) 2005-ish. Ben sitting in my home getting royally ignored since. Guitars are like new borns.

S-500 looks like this....

...and ASAT is here..

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:12 pm

A pair of pretty ones for sure!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:13 pm

bobframe wrote:Hi, I'm Bob and I have too many guitars.

As a member of several online communities, I always cringe when a new guy's first utterance is "BUY MY GUITAR!!!!!". I'll try not to be him.

I have a guitar collection that needs to be thinned and I use the LPFO accounting method. That is, Least Played, First Out. While several guitars fall into that category, it does, for whatever reason, also include my two G&L's.... 2005'ish, mintish, S-500 and ASAT Classic Bluesboy.

So I'm here to ....first, say hello, and second, to ask for some help in valuing the guitars. Or help in figuring out how to value them. Then I'll be off to transfer a couple of very nice guitars to someone who'll make far better use of them than have I.

So, any suggestions on how to set fair prices for the guitars is appreciated. FWIW, I have checked CL and "completed" Ebay and have found them somewhat helpful. Is there a better process?

Thanks a million,

Bob Frame

Welcome, Bob! :wave:

Please do read this post before you post additional stuff on your G&L's you are planning to sell, so that you post in the correct sub-forum: Welcome! Read This First.

Here's a hint: GbL Marketplace ;)

:ugeek:

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Both guitars are now registered.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Love the S-500. Has everything aesthetically as far as I am concerned......grain, finish, complimentary plastics (pickguard & pickup covers), maple neck. Is that Honey? Regular or locking tuners? Satin or gloss neck finish? #1 neck profile?

I received a custom ordered S-500 a few months ago so I am not looking to buy one but I still look because I like them so much.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Salmon wrote:Love the S-500. Has everything aesthetically as far as I am concerned......grain, finish, complimentary plastics (pickguard & pickup covers), maple neck. Is that Honey? Regular or locking tuners? Satin or gloss neck finish? #1 neck profile?

I received a custom ordered S-500 a few months ago so I am not looking to buy one but I still look because I like them so much.

Salmon, when will you be posting a photo of this, so far non-existent, S-500 ? :searching: And, don't forget to register it, too. ;)

:ugeek:

Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Craig,

I sent you a PM.