New to G&L

Tue May 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Hello everyone. Just got my first real G&L. Have been playing it for a few days and just love the way it feels in my hands!
Going put my new Legacy into the registry.

Will be seeing everyone around.

Re: New to G&L

Tue May 06, 2014 8:59 pm

I got my first G&L and found out they are like Lay's Potato Chips ...... you can't have just one :evilgrin: ... welcome to the fun

Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 am

Grem wrote:Hello everyone. Just got my first real G&L. Have been playing it for a few days and just love the way it feels in my hands!
Going put my new Legacy into the registry.

Will be seeing everyone around.

Welcome! :greet:

Please check this post as it will help you navigate our site and provides details on posting photos, videos and audio files: Welcome! Read This First.

:ugeek:

Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 am

Congratulations on the Legacy, and welcome to GbL!

Ken

Wed May 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Grem. Congratulations on the new Legacy! :greet:

Wed May 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Love the Belair Green Legacy.

Thu May 08, 2014 7:28 am

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Thanks for the link Craig.

And salmon, regarding the color, it wasn't what drew me to the guitar. In fact, I was at a restaurant getting a seafood platter before going to work (something I rarely do!) and I saw a Fender Telecaster for sale hanging on the wall. As I was looking at it, not really interested in buying it either, the guy behind the counter asks " I got a G&L in the back for sale, wanna look at it?" I said, " A real G&L?" He replied that it was a '92 and walked to the back to get it. His older co-worker told me. "The color reminds me of a "57 Chevy." Then I turned and saw it! I was taken aback at first, but grabed the guitar, pulled out my pick and started to play it. And right away I could feel this was a great guitar. They wanted me to plug it in, but I was on my way to work and didn't have the time. And besides, I didn't need another guitar!! So I left. He wanted $950 for it too!!

But how that neck felt would not leave me. But I wasn't going to pay $950 for it either. Or was it worth that? How special was this guitar? Being who I am, I did get the serial number off of it before I left!

And that's what brought me here, doing the research. I did buy it, and the more I look at it, the more that color just does something to me!! I would have never chosen that color. I am more of a natural finish guy. But as fate would have it, the color has chosen me!!

And boy does she play!! The character of this guitar is really unbelievable!!