Hello - New memeber

Sat May 03, 2014 1:20 pm

I first learned about G&L online and in discussions with Graham at Wolfe Guitars in FL.

I have always played Les Paul style guitars (both Gibson and Heritage). I was looking for a single coil guitar. I tried a bunch of Fenders, but the neck never seemed to feel good to me. I ordered a G&L Legacy a couple of months ago (from Wolfe Guitars). It felt so nice (and was so much lighter than my Les Paul style guitars) I just took delivery of another Legacy today. This one is the Legacy Special, which has some amazing humbucker tones (I might not us my Les Pauls anymore).

Having owned Gibson, Heritage & G&L, and played Fenders...I am actually surprised anyone bothers buying Gibson and Fender anymore. My experience has been Heritage and G&L are much better build qualities (and this coming from a die hard Gibson fan for several years).

This is a picture of my main three guitars...Heritage 157, Legacy & Legacy Special

[timage=]Image[/timage]

Here are some others I own...

[thumb=]Image[/thumb]

[thumb=]Image[/thumb]

[thumb=]Image[/thumb]

Re: Hello - New memeber

Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Nice 157!

Sat May 03, 2014 5:55 pm

nice guitars and welcome to the forum !!

Sat May 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Welcome! I haven't gotten the chance to try a Heritage yet, but that archtop looks very tempting!

Ken

Sat May 03, 2014 6:38 pm

Nice collection! Welcome to the forum. I too was surprised at how light my ASAT is and yet it has such great sustain. I am very impressed with G&L quality, playability and tone.

Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 am

welcome, big G&L and Heritage fan here too